Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
5/30/19 8:34 a.m.

We are only a few weeks away from from LeMans 2019.  Is it going to be broadcast or streamed anywhere in the USA?  Google links tell me that it is on the Velocity channel which is now Motor-Trend TV. Their website says nothing about it that I have found.

Does anyone know whether it is going to be available to watch legally this year?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/30/19 8:44 a.m.

I contacted Motor Trend On Demand a couple of weeks ago asking if they were going to show thw whole race and ws told they were.  

JohnLClark
JohnLClark New Reader
6/12/19 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Just checked and the whole race is on the Motor-Trend TV channel from 8 am on Saturday to 9:30 am Sunday.  For DirecTV subscribers like me that is channel 281.  Not sure what it is on other services.

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/12/19 9:03 p.m.

You can stream the entire race if you sign up for the Motor Trend App. 

Free for a week, just remember to cancel, $5 a months after that week. 

so if you've already used your trial, you can stream lemans for $5 if you turn on a subscription to motor trend for a month. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/13/19 9:07 a.m.

That's not a bad deal if you don't have it. 

Also to note. YouTubeTV just added alot of the Discovery channels to their lineup to include Motor Trend TV so if you have that as your TV service it's there already. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/13/19 9:22 a.m.
spacecadet said:

You can stream the entire race if you sign up for the Motor Trend App. 

Free for a week, just remember to cancel, $5 a months after that week. 

so if you've already used your trial, you can stream lemans for $5 if you turn on a subscription to motor trend for a month. 

Double-check that. Last year, they showed everything BUT the race. I ended up watching it some other way but I forgot how. The ACO app, maybe?

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/13/19 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Racer is reporting the whole race will stream on the App.

Racer.com lemans streaming

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/13/19 10:08 a.m.

Good! I was pretty cranky about that stunt last year.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/15/19 8:12 a.m.

Race on!

So other than the Toyotas being allowed to dominate P1- there are 6 more of the out there.  But the surprise to me is that there are almost 20 P2 cars.

Still, the GT racing is awesome.  Seeing an Aston, Ford, Corvette, Porsche, and BMW lead the field, with a Ferrari just two behind the BMW- that kind of field is pretty darned cool.

And it's interesting to see multiple Ford GT teams- knowing that there is something super special and hyper expensive about the V6 cranks- it's kind of surprising that there are multiple teams.  (I don't know the specifics of the crank, just that they are super special materials used).   Then again, it sounds like this is the last season for them, so....

gunner
gunner HalfDork
6/15/19 8:30 a.m.

I know the race has already started but if you have the motor trend channel on sling they are(available in one of the orange packages) and are subscribed to the app the race is streaming in full on that channel.  Just another option for those that cut the cord.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TInCVRVGN3h7xMnkMn0PKHZLiKnL6aG4vqT0GvTY8kt8wrGhz7fY4eNVSGSaPMzM