1 2
j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
6/12/22 10:10 a.m.

No surprise Toyota wins, but Glickenhaus cars got 3rd and 4th. Announcers said it was the first podium for an American car since the Ford GT in '69.

Speaking of, Ben Keating won his class again but with the TF Sport Aston Martin, hope it sticks since his Ford GT was disqualified in 2019.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/22 10:12 a.m.

Congrats to Ben Keating.  Hopefully the ACO doesn't find a screw head that hasn't been turned with the proper sized screwdriver.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
6/12/22 10:12 a.m.

Sucked for Ferrari too.

Iron Dames was very impressive. Girl Power!

Porsche with it's XX win in class. I need to watch the Fessenbender (sp?) series on his road to Le Mans with Patrick Dempsey.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/12/22 10:20 a.m.
j_tso said:

Commercials on Motortrend are a consistent loop of a standalone ER, IKEA, and an HIV prescription drug.

I'll take them over repetitive commercials for MTOD wrenching shows, but not even any Toyota commercials?

Interesting, I had completely different but repeated commercials. No ikea for sure. Location specific and probably search history algorithms at play.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/12/22 10:27 a.m.

I didn't watch most of it due to access to the stream issues.  But good racing, congrats to Toyota! I hope they can handle the flood of new constructors next year.

Aston Martin did good in class.

The GTE Pro class had an ok last run. There was a tight race shaping up but car issues and track incidents gapped them a good amount by morning. 

I loved the engineered for service concepts on display on the Toyota and the GTE Pro Porsches. Probably sending all the other teams back to the CAD machines to rethink some designs. 

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
6/12/22 11:27 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

Well that sucks for corvette....

Crappy end for their race.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/22 12:03 p.m.

Jeez, that woman clapping after the accident...

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/12/22 12:40 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

There is bad blood between Corvette Racing and AF Corse, but that was bad taste for sure. 

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
6/12/22 1:26 p.m.

Glickenhaus had a misfire issue related to the sensor problem both cars had, so it could've been closer.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/13/22 12:13 a.m.

Let me just say that this 24 Heures du Mans  2022 as presented by MotorTrend this weekend is by far the BERKING best presentation I've seen EVER!!!. I had the sound down to negligible, but the camera locations were like none I've seen. The overheads during pitstops ROCKED!!! And the drone following out of pit lane was way kool. Now my faves got punked (Corvette Racing) with the exception of TF Sport Austin Martin ....go Ben Keating !!!!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/13/22 10:21 a.m.

In reply to j_tso :

I was really hoping they were going to be able to challenge the Toyotas.  Just the whole David and Golliath thing, and the car looks the business.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/13/22 8:05 p.m.

Sorry forgot to add, the in car camera footage was absolutely amazing!!!!  especially the GTR shots....woof.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9m5MoqEhNBLUeGl9cMKO4tRyyCPQmNjOaEROHRC9LP601qiKHqmXWzrhZKNwS4QD