jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
9/21/22 2:48 p.m.

With my Prius over 180k and needing a new battery, I'm contemplating putting the cheapest battery I can in it and replacing it.  

i want something smaller, and a hatch or wagon.  Also great gas mileage. 

considering the Lexus 200h but an a3 etron with 50k miles popped up as not crazy expensive.  I love the looks, the wagon and the electric range. 

im just hesitant on the reliability....   stick with something Japanese?

is it that cute church gal who will be faithful to the end or more of a stripper who is hot but will leave me stranded??

or maybe I just stick with the old Prius and make John Welsh proud....

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/21/22 3:26 p.m.

Not highly relevant, but we LOVE our Q5 e-tron.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB Dork
9/21/22 10:38 p.m.

I am also interested in this car. My fear is lack of replacement parts. What else has this drivetrain and battery?

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
9/22/22 8:02 a.m.

Also in the school of Gen 2 Prius worship.  The longer I own it and learn the more I like it.  

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru Reader
9/22/22 8:17 a.m.

My 2007 Prius is still running great and getting 49mpg at 263,000 miles, so I would say keep the Prius and put a new battery in it. It probably has a lot of life left.

iansane
iansane Dork
9/22/22 10:38 a.m.

When I worked at audi, I think the techs hated only the first gen TT more than the a3 etron.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/22/22 2:11 p.m.

Fix and keep the Prius, I don't trust Audi even to make a vehicle with only 1 moving part in the motor cheeky

(And this one has an ICE too, imagine the number of dash lights!)

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
9/22/22 4:02 p.m.

I'm really surprised your Prius needs a battery that soon. I too would keep the 2g Prius.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B8NuBR5U3dwYWUGQF6pkSbJYhBtuWGtbfy81djSR98FCwvOrB3Gl2oqkuHndwktz