scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
9/15/21 8:37 p.m.

Wife is looking for a small SUV (or wagon) and stumbled upon the EX35.

I have no knowledge of said vehicle but it seems to be kind of sporty. She has a 5 mile commute and the kids will only be in it occasionally. I may secretly like the looks and I'm glad she's not looking at newer Honda pilots.

Is there any thing to be looking at on an older used car? I'd like to stay under 10k but today's car market is crazy.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/15/21 8:39 p.m.

I don't know much about them but they look to be an Infiniti G35 sedan configured to be  suv-ish.    Later in the model run it was renamed the QX50

Junghole
Junghole SuperDork
9/15/21 9:52 p.m.

Bruh, it's a lifted skyline! Just kidding. Yeah it's the g/ex/fx35 things. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UltraDork
9/16/21 9:57 a.m.

Yeah. It's a lifted G series and the all ride on the I think it was called the FM chassis IIRC. So pretty much all of the issues of the corresponding year G will apply here. Down a handful of HP from the G because a more restrictive exhaust. 

Overall a pretty good car but I always felt the packaging was a little off and seemed smaller than it should be. 

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
9/16/21 10:56 a.m.

My sister is currently leasing her third one in a row.  She has had no problems, but then again none of them have racked up much mileage.  They do scoot, and they feel solid to drive, but they're not large.  And yes, it's no Honda Pilot, in the best way. From your description of your wife's intended use, I'd say go for it.

ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
9/16/21 12:07 p.m.

We bought an 08 in 2015 with about 50k miles.  Found it was a comfortable commuter and highway cruiser though a bit cramped in the back for adults....     

Traded it for a 2016 QX50 last year which is the same car but with more rear legroom.  Both cars have preformed flawlessly, needing just routine maintenance. 

Should note that they take premium gas, although they get decent mileage (last tank was around 23 mpg imperial).

Fun car...

Gordon 

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
9/16/21 1:34 p.m.

Thanks for all the info ☺️

Finding one  has proven to be a challenge! Went to look at one in town and it was crack pipe priced and was skipping like it had a blown head gasket. Sell was indifferent and says the price is set. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/16/21 6:33 p.m.

Rear seat ingress and egress is awful even for able bodied people. There's really not that much interior space and you're forced to listen to that V6 mooooooo as you accelerate YMMV.

Junghole
Junghole SuperDork
9/16/21 6:41 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Lmfao at the "mooooo"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xg1hGCopkD8MWcWDAobkrtnx0XVEzmNrAWpTaNojBPHem2IwTv2Vc7KtXWnEOHbW