logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/24/21 4:58 a.m.

We made the news last night in Detroit. During a bus tour on the Rust Belt Ramble Lemons Rally last night several teams went to GM HQ to protest and demand they bring back Saturn.  We were not off the buses very long before the news showed up.  I am in the background of a couple shots.  My sign said "Make S-series. Not CUVs"

Link to the video

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/24/21 7:48 a.m.

Only if "bring back Saturn" they bring back the Saturn from 1995-ish, not 2005-ish.  At that point Saturn had been reduced to "European Geo", and killing Saturn was more like euthanizing a beloved yet suffering pet that had been riddled with twelve kinds of cancer.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/24/21 7:55 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

What? Are you trying to imply that GM was guilty of badge engineering?

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/24/21 8:31 a.m.

So there was a protest to demand a company make a product so that you can buy them used for cheap.

Good that it made the news, but having as a LeMons protest was very appropriate.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
7/24/21 11:18 a.m.

Dang, I thought this was going to be about someone protesting someone else's car on grounds of...something, because nothing's really illegal per rally rules right? "Your car is too new and not hooptie enough for this fun non-racing event!" lol that would have been funny :D

logdog (Forum Supporter)
7/24/21 6:35 p.m.

We had the chants going at the Concours today too.  

Countingcrowbars
Countingcrowbars UltraDork
7/24/21 6:45 p.m.

Finally a protest I can actually support. 

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/24/21 7:43 p.m.

I think your heartstrings betray you but good effort. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
7/26/21 1:10 p.m.

Jalopnik did an article on it.  Now I wish I had pushed my way in front of the camera with stories about the giant POS SW2 we had!

Link 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/26/21 2:50 p.m.

As someone who spent a lot of his childhood in the backseat of a first-gen S Series, you have my support.

I'd probably end up being a little too willing to spend my money on a Saturn if they did return.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
7/27/21 4:23 p.m.

I realize not everyone thinks this is as funny as I do, but the "protest" coverage continues on Truth About Cars

Linky Link

My wife made the background in the lead photo!

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 HalfDork
7/27/21 4:42 p.m.

On the contrary. I think this may be one of the funniest things of the year! Absolutely hilarious and well done to the lot of ya.

Bring back America's company and bring back America! Saturn!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZelFW8GKSMr8oMeqlSBeXsOUnkdeQdnXy0RgjoXoVykR8b8nT5sLZ7EuJz6OWQQW