1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/4/14 1:37 p.m.

I am not looking forward to this, but just listed the xB on cl. Opted for the hidden email thing versus phone/text, I think I'd want to strangle myself getting texts all day and night.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/4/14 2:11 p.m.

Yesterday

peter
peter Dork
1/4/14 2:22 p.m.

hello,

am okay with price,and because am far away from united states so don't worry about the shipment i have shipping agent that carter for my pick up any where in the world. i will instruct my client to send you a cashier's cheque of (9000) so what you have to do immediatley the check gets to you just deduct the funds for the vehicle ($5000) and send the excess money ($4000) to my shipping agent so that they can be able to pick the vehicle up from your destination and which will also covers the shipping fees of my other consignments in the state. so if this is okay by you, you can forward your full name, address and cell phone number. expecting your response back

bentwrench
bentwrench New Reader
1/4/14 2:25 p.m.

What's your bottom $?

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill Dork
1/4/14 2:25 p.m.

Well done, although I don't think that reply counts as "Douchebag"...

Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/4/14 2:26 p.m.

In reply to peter:

Buyer must be that Nigerian prince with all the $$ needing funneled through the states. He emails me every day.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/4/14 2:28 p.m.

Will you take $2000 for it.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
1/4/14 2:33 p.m.

Interested in a trading for an S13 with an RB26DET swap (not running) + cash? Will you do a payment plan? Car has a lien on it.

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
1/4/14 2:51 p.m.

"Would you be interested in a trade with my 2002 Subaru WRX + some cash on your part. It's got tons of mods, and it's really clean inside and out. All it needs right now is a new engine. It was set-up for drifting and it's got all the stage 2 mods, so it should make 500hp+"

You're welcome

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
1/4/14 3:17 p.m.

I was surprised by the minimum of douchery and people trying to get me to give them my 300te. It ended up selling pretty quickly on CL once I got aggressive with it. It would be weird if CL becomes an easier AutoTrader magazine with no jokers.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
1/4/14 4:42 p.m.

I have had really good experiences with the last two cars I sold on CL. I give good details and the stupid questions have been minimum.

I do not reply to anything that does not ask a specific question. Also no reply to any question that is vague such as use or words like "item", "it", "the car".

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
1/4/14 4:46 p.m.

I have had some luck selling cars on C-list, I have also had all the above ^^^ conversations.

GLWS

vdubinsd
vdubinsd New Reader
1/4/14 4:51 p.m.

Is the item still available?

always my favorite

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
1/4/14 4:55 p.m.

To be honest, any time i see an ad thats more than a few days old and hasnt been updated, my first question is if they still have it. And you know what? Lots of times, they don't. I help keep my local CL clean by calling on stuff thats been sold and reminding the owner to delete their ad.

Even people who say "IF THIS AD IS STILL UP I STILL HAVE IT" are not convincing me. They're probably just as dumb as the next guy. Everyone forgets. So i ask them the same question without making it obvious that i asked.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/4/14 5:31 p.m.

Yeah, when I'm checking CL myself I usually go with "Is the (item) still available? If so would you take (appropriate sum of $)?" Never sold a car this way before, sold some snow tires and some other odd item I forget. Wasn't terrible but we'll see......

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/4/14 5:40 p.m.

i'm currently trying to sell the ultimate appliance vehicle on CL- a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville.. just a base model- nothing special. every time i renew the ad, i get a few texts and a couple of emails asking if it's still available.. i always respond as soon as i see it, saying that yes, it is still available and asking if they'd like any more information or arrange to look at it... no one- not a single person- ever responds back to my responses. at least not for the last couple of weeks.

there was that one guy that wanted to trade me a rusted out 93 Chevy 2wd pickup for it that kept pestering me for a couple of days, and that one guy that couldn't understand why i didn't want to trade him even up for his 24" wheels because "they fit that car"...

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Reader
1/4/14 6:15 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: ... want to trade him even up for his 24" wheels because "they fit that car"...

That's just fantastic

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
1/4/14 7:03 p.m.

Hello, I'm a Nigerian prince...

Raze
Raze UltraDork
1/4/14 7:20 p.m.

I reaaly don think ur price is fare. I think u should lookup prices of similar cars on CL before you post. If you dont im gonna flag u.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/4/14 9:00 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote:
novaderrik wrote: ... want to trade him even up for his 24" wheels because "they fit that car"...
That's just fantastic

that's pretty much exactly what i told him.. i typed out a long response that said a few bad things about his ancestry and the failings of the public school system, but deleted it and wrote out something nicer..

stanger_missle
stanger_missle HalfDork
1/4/14 9:14 p.m.

"Hi is dis car still fo sail?"

Next text:

"Will you take (less than half of the asking price)?"

"When can I see it?"

Next text:

"Will these wheels fit a(n) XX?"

Substitute a vehicle for a set of wheels and tires and this is exactly what I'm dealing with right now. The dude wanted me to load up all 5 mounted tires so he could see them after making me a ridiculous low-ball offer and having no idea about the fitment. Um, no. You can sod off.

Contradiction
Contradiction New Reader
1/4/14 11:02 p.m.

I absolutely HATE dealing with selling stuff on CL. Between Nigerian Scam emails and lowballers it drives me nuts. The last car I sold was a $500 take it or leave it beater 91 Blazer 4x4 and despite it being a rusted POS I was even getting emails from "car brokers" claiming they could sell my car for a fee. A fee? It would probably be half of what it's worth! smh

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
1/4/14 11:27 p.m.

When I was selling my EG Civic, you can just imagine the replies I received. Too many Dis' and Yo' and the like. The best was a kid who wanted to trade me his BMX bike and payout the rest in equal payments of...well I don't know never got that far.

Looking forward to more responses.

glueguy
glueguy Reader
1/5/14 7:01 a.m.

Will you take a drum set as a downpayment? I can probably get the rest next week, or maybe the week after, but I really need a car for tomorrow.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/5/14 7:36 a.m.

My favorite is when you put in your ad more than once that vehicle doesn't run or drive and they will need a trailer, you will still get emails from people asking if it's driveable.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qrc5B2weufDxMpdvIKLR40PBTIvlr6mQ8vyh8OF2RIADBVvpcvv5UKk2zgS9c4fi