1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/30/09 8:53 a.m.

So, I'm in the media tower at Road Atlanta, and the internet is better than we hoped, meaning that we are going to try and do some LIVE streaming video feeds this weekend. There'll be a page where you can go and access the viewer, and you'll be able to chat interactively with whatever celebrity we happen to be talking to at the time. Or just me. But I'm sort of a celebrity, right?

Anyway, because of the internet, we have to stay in the media tower, but we should be able to bring you some fun updates. We just did a test, and the signal seems to be strong enough to hold the stream with only the occasional choppiness.

Remember, this is very much a beta program here. We're just experimenting, so if it isn't full 1080p HD, don't write nasty letters to your senators.

We'll try to announce broadcast times well in advance so everyone has a chance to add it to your calendars.

Love you long time

jg

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
4/30/09 8:55 a.m.

I'M DRUNK RIGHT NOW!!!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
4/30/09 8:57 a.m.

Actually, feel free to write nasty letters to your senators. They probably deserve it. But don't write 'em to us--like JG said, this webcast thing is an experiment.

David will also be regularly posting updates from The Mitty, much like we did for the $2008 Challenge. Just go to the Mitty page (http://classicmotorsports.net/events/mitty-09/) and keep an eye on "latest updates"

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
4/30/09 9:23 a.m.

sweetness!!

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
4/30/09 9:24 a.m.

oh... can i wear my Motorhead t-shirt???

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/30/09 12:53 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'M DRUNK RIGHT NOW!!!

I guess that means Per is now out of beer.

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
4/30/09 1:35 p.m.

So jealous. I was hoping to attend again this year.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
4/30/09 2:19 p.m.

I may make it yet.

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
4/30/09 4:07 p.m.

See you guys Saturday!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
4/30/09 8:06 p.m.

I'm coming! Bringing the Yugo from Hell, but it's gonna stay in the Challenger car corral. Didn't finish getting it back together, but it will be good for a few pics/ laughs.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
4/30/09 9:34 p.m.

We're here. Watch for a couple of noisy Miatas to show up at the track mid-morning on Friday. I brought my helmet

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
4/30/09 11:21 p.m.

Well, my Mitty plans crashed in flames. I was going to get the black Corrado going, get a VIP ticket (or reclaim my old Corner Worker status) rent a hotel room for the weekend, & bring the girlfriend and her kid.

I'm too broke to rent a room. The kid's sick. I injured my side working on other people's cars, so the "cool" Corrado still needs work. My "whites" are in tatters, and my old "Track Bag" is missing.

Aw, who cares. I'll probably just drive over and buy a stupid ticket Saturday morning. It'll be the first time I've had to pay my way into a racetrack in more than 20 years.

I'm sure it's worth the dough. I was a big Gp44 fan as a kid, I once owned a GT-6, and I'm so proud that the `crazy guy from Florida' trying to make a magazine about autocross & club racing actually seems to have gotten away with it.

Can't decide whether to take the ugly green Corrado (because they're rare) or the old GTI (people rating Readers Rides seem to like it).

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
5/1/09 8:36 a.m.

I got here last night, tired and complete with a grumpy wife, last 100 miles took 3.5 hours, damn traffic. My challenger is on site and the weekend will improve. Thanks to JG and Greg for the welcome and making sure we got fed.

Steve and Gina

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/1/09 12:09 p.m.

Cool, glad you got some grub. I didn't realize that was you. You guys just looked hungry.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
5/1/09 1:51 p.m.

YES!! I get to go!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/1/09 2:51 p.m.

Note to self: Make an effort to look hungry.

David S. Wallens
5/1/09 3:12 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Note to self: Make an effort to look hungry.

I need to try that as well.

And more Mitty photos have been posted: http://classicmotorsports.net/events/mitty-09/updates/

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
5/1/09 3:47 p.m.

What's the expected duration of the GRM / CM bash on Saturday night, and is there a special ticket required to gain entry to said bash? Or does my super-sweet Challenge Car comp include the ticket to said bash?

I'll be at the track all day tomorrow, and until y'all kick me out tomorrow night. then again all day sunday. i heart me some vintage race cars.

David S. Wallens
5/1/09 4:18 p.m.

The party is officially 8pm until ?

Anyone at the track can get in.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
5/1/09 5:24 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: The party is officially 8pm until ? Anyone at the track can get in.

Nice! I'll see y'all tomorrow!

David S. Wallens
5/1/09 9:32 p.m.

And another wave of updates was just uploaded. Enjoy.

dyintorace
dyintorace Dork
5/1/09 9:43 p.m.

What's behind the Monza??

David S. Wallens
5/1/09 9:46 p.m.

GTP Intrepid.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
5/2/09 7:26 a.m.

Don't forget, Bob Tullius live at 11am eastern.

Go to http://classicmotorsports.net/webcast/

The player can be finicky. You may have to reload the page once or twice. I should be on before 11 so folks can test their connection.

jg

dyintorace
dyintorace Dork
5/2/09 8:00 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: GTP Intrepid.

Thanks. That is a cool looking car!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ulB7K0DxaGpZoqoyovY1OITxIFaOGJQ9XUSfrPNIJNGHRLSnEio9E0xdmHqSuYT