1 2
einy
einy HalfDork
9/4/19 5:36 p.m.

Thanks for the useful comments .... I don’t mind tge negotiation process for the most part, but the Costco / USAA prices would make a great starting data point.  Sounds like there is a chance to get a Costco price from them vs. from the dealer(s), but I have not been able to do so from USAA.

GarageGorilla
GarageGorilla Reader
9/4/19 9:34 p.m.
Stefan said:

In reply to GarageGorilla :

um, didn't you just come back from a suspension for posting, well like that?  Maybe, just maybe you should stow the "tough guy" bs and try to be a decent human being towards the other forum members.

Observing rank stupidity and calling it such is not being a tough guy. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/4/19 10:44 p.m.
GarageGorilla said:
Stefan said:

um, didn't you just come back from a suspension for posting, well like that?  Maybe, just maybe you should stow the "tough guy" bs and try to be a decent human being towards the other forum members.

It is when you’re a dick about it and don’t let it go once your point is made. 

Kind of like now. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
9/5/19 12:19 a.m.

The USAA, TrueCar, [insert your companies car buying program here], have never done much for me except give all my contact info to a dealership and never getting a solid sales price. I created a gmail and google voice number just for these to see if they ever will work lol. 

I've heard Costco's service works well outside of the snafu thread on here. If I ever buy a new car again i might try it. 

GarageGorilla
GarageGorilla Reader
9/5/19 5:46 a.m.
Duke said:
GarageGorilla said:
Stefan said:

It is when you’re a dick about it and don’t let it go once your point is made. 

Kind of like now. 

The irony is thick enough to cut with a knife.

Bubbal
Bubbal New Reader
9/5/19 6:55 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

The keyboard warrior part is key, especially if you live in a state or region where there are a lot of dealers.  I lived in NorCal and played the dealers there against SoCal, where there were many more dealers.  I bought 3 cars from SoCal, saved $6K to $12K per car.  Twice the dealers paid one way air and I drove the cars home.  Trucking through the dealers was $300.  Last car, NorCal dealer met the SoCal price.

New cars are commodities.  Spec what you want and have dealers email you their best price for your spec.  Remember the F&I person makes a lot of money for the dealer - only buy extended warranty, ding repair, tire and wheel warranty, etc. if you need and are paying a fair price.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/5/19 7:15 a.m.

Where are the mods at? It's obvious this guy thinks he logged into corner-carvers.com.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
9/5/19 7:38 a.m.
GarageGorilla said:
Stefan said:

Pretty sure you were already told to be nice. This isn’t a forum you log into to prove you internet dingus is bigger than everyone else’s. I know that you are new here and probably don’t get it but you will. This place is different. We can call each other for bad idea, but we don’t tend to get insulting. 

Funnily enough, I got into a bit of an insulting exchange with another GRMer, it was a long time ago, probably about 2001. But we got over it, and ultimately have both stood up in each other’s weddings. 

So. Moral of the story. Don’t be a douche canoe, and you might make some good friends, and who knows, 18 years later you might stand in their wedding. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/5/19 7:52 a.m.
1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
iU4oMRI58Kb5gA0Bcd3hkXWXMtjusmpFrumqMoSavTIF4LVhwaxE3x9EnSQCjt9h