David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/28/11 7:12 p.m.

Okay, a good question: A friend of a friend is looking for someone to work on a 1964 Citroen AZ in Orlando. Any leads?

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Reader
2/28/11 7:37 p.m.

Wikipedia informs me that an AZ is a Belgian-built 2CV. Can't you just lend the guy a hammer and maybe a slot-head screwdriver?

kabel
kabel Dork
2/28/11 7:46 p.m.

Hmmmmm, the owner of one of my favorite restaurants down here has a 2 CV, I'll ask him who he uses...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/1/11 1:40 p.m.

Thanks, Kevin. Or maybe it's the same guy.

kabel
kabel Dork
3/1/11 2:11 p.m.

I called the guy I know of with the 2CV (Chez Vincent), his mechanic is a private individual. He passed along my name and number to his mechanic, if he is willing to he will call me...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
3/1/11 4:03 p.m.

I asked a friend who is a member of the CCNA and he is going to ask another member that is more into the club if there is anyone he knows of around the Orlando area. So hopefully he gets back to me soon.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
3/2/11 1:25 p.m.

Alright, I have for you:

Steve Estes International Aesthetics 407-637-7318 2507 Boyd Avenue Orlando, FL 32803   This guy is a Fiat guy [owner or a Multipla and the Multipla Register] who might know a 2CV competent mechanic.

Steven Piantieri Fiat Multipla Registry 407-257-4322 407-999-9950 3012 Ardsley Drive Orlando, FL 32804 SPiantieri@cfl.rr.com

mjfcars
mjfcars
3/7/11 2:20 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

I'm the friend of the friend looking for the Citroen mechanic in Orlando. I did contact both Fiat club members and unfortunetly they couldn't help. If you come across any other options please send them along. thank you

mjfcars
mjfcars New Reader
3/7/11 2:24 p.m.

In reply to kabel:

kabel I wondered if you had heard anything back from the Chez Vincent owner? I haven't had any luck finding anyone so far.

Tell him I'll come in and order big if he can help! I've actually eaten there and we had a great meal. Thanks for the assist

kabel
kabel Dork
3/8/11 4:07 p.m.

Sorry, no call back from them

You should go have dinner at Chez Vincent. Vincent is always there, you should ask to see him and could just happen to strike up a conversation.. "I heard you have a 2CV?" Often it is parked out front.

mjfcars
mjfcars New Reader
3/9/11 1:41 p.m.

In reply to kabel:

Will do. That was actually the fall back plan. Anything on the menu we have to try?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
3/9/11 7:31 p.m.

when i read the thread title, i thought "hell, aren't we all?"

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/9/11 8:18 p.m.

My daughter is about to turn two. I think she can hack it.

actually.. try these guys..

http://citbitz.com/blog/citroen-club-of-north-america/ccna-contacts/

or this..

http://2cvusa.blogspot.com/ <-- posts are old.

or this http://www.citroen-ca.com/members.html

kabel
kabel Dork
3/9/11 10:01 p.m.

MJf,

Cant go wrong there really. Might be more than most people are used to spending, but we really enjoy the place and the food, Vincent loves his craft & with out being too pretentious.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eYMmQwgx2C0PMbVtdKBJiZ7Vd6gRLlkKZ5jaCTW0yAIw2aWVULA1AI6VDcW7YUSd