Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/20/14 10:19 p.m.

Hello Hive I need some help

I am designing a new generator at work and industrial mufflers are stupid expensive. I was thinking about using a Dodge truck muffler as they are reasonably quite. Does anyone know the cheapest place, or the OEM of the Dodge mufflers? Thanks

EDIT: diesel engine

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
8/20/14 10:46 p.m.

OEM might be Walker. I know the old Durango R/T exhaust was essentially a round body Dynomax Super Turbo.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/20/14 10:51 p.m.

I will look into it. We have a spark arrestor that we put first but then I need something to shut this thing up.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle HalfDork
8/20/14 11:04 p.m.

I believe Walker or one of their sister companies makes the Dodge OEM stuff. You are correct about the OEM stuff being quiet. I had a 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi that I replaced the bus-sized muffler with a 14" magnaflow SI/DO. Much better

Pic I found of said monstrosity:

I would hit up CL, eBay and maybe the Dodge Ram forums since people are always upgrading their exhaust. I threw mine away haha

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/21/14 6:13 p.m.

bump

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/21/14 6:16 p.m.

This is for a production piece so I would place an order for about 20 of them.

Opti
Opti Reader
8/21/14 9:21 p.m.

I looked them up on this place http://dodgepartsdept.com/ram-1500-parts/

Never done business with them but figured its like GMpartsdirect. Pricing was like 230. Thats for the 5.7 single exhaust muffler. The walker replacement is like 60-80. Dont know if it's the same or not, I use walker stuff at the shop and normally its pretty good but sometimes, it's noticeably louder than OEM. Its pretty cheap though and fits well.

I can attest to how quiet the OEM dodge muffler is on the 5.7, mine is quiet even at WOT you only hear the intake not the exhaust and when you uncork a 5.7 it is VERY LOUD. No idea why but a 5.7 Hemi even with just a Flowmaster very loud. If I ever wanted something quiet it'd probably use a Hemi muffler.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KxX6jr5DCrGM0aWPyvbvPQ0QEf5NwPsn9tQhTxGNW0VxWmNJlC1UQl4enFXSevJK