Peaches
Peaches New Reader
6/9/21 7:44 p.m.

I'm trying to find rather specific 13" wheel offerings. Anyone know of some? I've search eBay endlessly, searched Google into the upteenth results page. I remember 20 years ago there were a handful of 13s available, but you know, every car can fit steamrollers these days.

1997 Geo Metro

• 4x114.3 PCD (I've considered re-drilling the hubs b'c there are a few 4x100 13" wheels)
  • Need  roughly a -35ET on a 5.5" wheel (plenty of 13" options from AE86s but they only have -20ET and the Geo fenders are very shallow)
  • Looking to run the 185/60R13 tire choices, so wheel widths from 5-7" are ideal
  • fenders do not adequately fit 195/50R15s and 14" sizes are not well supported for competition tires </= 200 UTQG

There are a number of companies selling 13" drag wheels, but they're too wide for this application and .... maybe not safe for hopping curbs on a roadcourse.

Any leads are appreciated!

gumby
gumby Dork
6/9/21 7:48 p.m.
Peaches
Peaches New Reader
6/9/21 8:01 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

Been through their site, and while they do not appear to have anything that fits, I've emailed them directly to ask. Closest they offer is a 13x7 but with no offset. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'll report back if they can make something work.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
6/9/21 8:06 p.m.

Try https://www.wheel-size.com/

click on the "By rim size" tab, maybe see if there is something else same/similar/workable

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/9/21 8:10 p.m.

13 inch is a common mini stock size. You can get whatever you need from Basset.

Peaches
Peaches New Reader
6/9/21 8:14 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

I love that site, probably visit once a week to investigate something. The issues abound here. 13" wheels are hard to come by but there's a few competition grade tires. 14" wheels are harder to find and there's like no comp tires. The 15"s are where the variety is at with tires, but the fenders only fit a 195/45R15 and the ONLY tire on the market is only 240 UTQG with silly soft sidewalls, it even sucks in the rain. Also, in the 15" category, the tire OD is getting to be over an inch bigger, making everything worse (ride height, arm angle, fender clearance, Revs/mile, etc).

Peaches
Peaches New Reader
6/9/21 8:20 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

Sadly those run zero or less offset. Just looked through their site. Thank you for the suggestion though. If I'm wrong and didn't see -Offset wheels, please let me know.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
6/9/21 8:26 p.m.

I had a set built to my specs by Marsh Racing Wheels. 13X9, custom backset, with a FB bolt pattern. They would pretty much build whatever you wanted and they were pretty cheap. It looks like the man running it passed away and the company is gone. That makes me a little sad. 

Peaches
Peaches New Reader
6/9/21 8:32 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

That was an emotional roller coaster.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/9/21 8:37 p.m.

13x5.5 on a 35mm offset (I assume you mean positive offset, negative offset would have the wheels sticking out a ton) translates to roughly 4.25-4.5" backspacing assuming a 1/2"-ish wide rim lip.  Backspacing takes the whole wheel including the rim lip into account, so you have to add roughly half an inch after you divide the width in half and add the offset.

Diamond Racing Wheels can do 13x7 in up to 4.5" backspacing, or 13x6 in up to 3.5".  (They're also a GRM advertiser!)

Summit has 13x5.5 aluminum Konigs that are supposedly 38mm offset and 4.75" backspacing, which doesn't make much sense...

They also have steel 13x6 Bart racing wheels with 4" backspacing (12mm offset)

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/9/21 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Peaches :

Pretty sure they will make any offset you want. You can also check Bart. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/9/21 9:12 p.m.

I would say reach out to keizer, but they just lost literally half their inventory and all their manufacturing ability to a fire the other week and might be unable to help for a few months. 

Decent stuff that's really light and affordable. I'm running keizers on my fmod with custom wheel centers. For my car on 10 inch wheels I can assemble the rim on the tire (uses silicone caulking to seal overnight before installing valve core and inflating) so no tire shops needed. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/9/21 9:39 p.m.

Pete mentioned Diamond.  I haven't bought from them for quite a while, but they can build a whole lot of specific things.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/9/21 9:45 p.m.

I ran 4x100 adapters and 13x6 bmw basketweaves on my geo.

I did do a mini box flair though.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/9/21 11:03 p.m.

Kodiak still makes custom three piece 13s I believe. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
6/9/21 11:08 p.m.

Have you checked some of the Nissan mags? I had a set of Pulsar wheels on the Datsun for a bit that I seem to recall met those specs.

As for tires there are Hoosier R7s & Vintage TDRs, Nankang AR-1s plus some other competition tires.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WPZ8DWkiBWIzCK7GmvpJXWVB88EKD7fAGigTrzZ3nVMsPxDeBdokPJibme2Kcrzi