friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/1/12 12:14 a.m.

I'm a Club Racing geek. Can you provide pictures of the car? I'm quite sure that I can't identify it from the VIN, or from the rollbar stampings either..but if you have photos of the car (especially photos of when it raced in SCCA), it may spark enough of a memory to give you a start.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
6/1/12 4:35 a.m.

You can get a Heritage Certificate for that car from the UK.
~Click Here~

Not sure if that is useful to you. Maybe. You may also want to attend your local SCCA Region meeting with some photos of the car. Meeting folks face-to-face often inspires more interest in helping.

Anyway, welcome to the Spridget racing world. I've been racing them on-and-off since '73. You can see some of my racing stuff ~Here~
G'luck with your's!
(by the way, how about posting a photo of it here.....we have some west coast members that might be able to help).

Raze
Raze SuperDork
6/3/12 10:51 p.m.

Make sure you cross-post this on any Austin, MG, Sprite, etc. forum...

evargas163
evargas163 None
9/24/12 11:12 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Hello everybody:

I am new to the MG Midget / Sprite scene. I bought this race car few weeks ago in Hesperia California. Is there a way that I can find any information on this race car? The seller was not the original owner. He took the car in for a trade. There was no logs and other information given. The VIN on the right side of the chassis is HAN9L68152. The Driver Side roll-bar is listed as 19-1115. I wrote an email to Mr. Allan Coy at the SCCA - CalClub, California. He sadly informed me that their roll bar logs only go back to 19-2000. Is there anybody that my have some sort of information on this race car.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112033433134139539386/AustinHealeySpriteRaceCar?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIzM0efj7MCQxwE&feat=directlink

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/25/12 7:21 p.m.

In reply to evargas163:

Your post looks legit (we kind of suspect "back from the dead" threads here), but I'm SEDIV (in case you're not familiar with SCCA, that means Southeastern Division) and don't recognize that car at all. But...there are folks from the West Coast here.

I do notice an attempt to comply with evolving SCCA roll structure rules (front roll hoop & supports) and the blue & red "required" SCCA Club Racing sticker is from the late 80s-early 90s. Are the fenders steel, or fiberglass? I ask because the Production classes were in a great deal of flux for a long time. Comparing the markings to how the car is modified can help when searching for provenance (when it comes to an SCCA car, anyway.. ).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hUcXQGS4hNoXfFQNGIwLbygD97oAbKGwPYFdeHsbnzWiJxB92JppWDxu2Zv64GU7