Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/16/21 6:27 p.m.

SWMBO bought a garage door opener in late Sept or early October, I told her if a month later there were no issues I'd buy the same one.  I did and had it installed Sunday.

Two new remotes, a keypad outside finally, but even better I can control it by my cellphone.

I can do it from work if I wanted. I can schedule it to automatically close at night if I forget. I added her as a user and can see a history of when it opens and closes. I might even add a camera later.

And no more freight train noise or dim little light bulb. I could add Amazon Key to get deliveries inside if I needed.

Amazon

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
11/16/21 8:04 p.m.

Need more pictures of the wrap on that vehicle!

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/16/21 8:10 p.m.

I bought one of those a few years back.  Being able to open and close it from my phone is a feature I didn't realize I needed/wanted.  Friends picking you up and dropping you off?  Just use the app to open it when you get home.  Waiting for the wife to get home with stuff you'll need to help her unload?  Just watch the app until the door opens.  Panic that you didn't close it?  Easy to fix, wherever you are.  Trying to see if your teenage son really got home when he claims he did?  Just check the history.

It's awesome.

-Rob

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/16/21 9:27 p.m.

We have a similar one, I believe you can also set up a Geofence in the app. IE, once your phone is 100' away and you didn't close it, it will do so automatically. And in reverse, once you're 100' away, it automatically opens it for you. 

Of course, I've been too lazy to do that part yet. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/17/21 6:38 a.m.
DWNSHFT said:

Need more pictures of the wrap on that vehicle!

Last winter, you can kinda see the giant emblem on the hood.  Of course the back window is decorated as well.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/17/21 9:09 a.m.

We got one of those a few years back and yeah the app control and status are way handier than I imagined. As was said earlier "did I forget to close the garage door?" is now no longer a day long stress test. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/17/21 11:38 a.m.

We got two opener fobs with ours, one for the visor, one for a key chain.  I tacked the one for the key chain to the back porch up near the ceiling, easier when the bride leaves the garage door open after juggling a dog, purse, groceries etc. from the car.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/17/21 12:58 p.m.

I have the add-on version of that, since we already had a reasonably recent Chamberlain opener. It was kind of a PITA to set up, but now that it's up and running, it's great. I'd never go back to not having it.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/17/21 1:59 p.m.

I'm tempted to add a camera now.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WQ9p6AddjAJSxqGsTQDmWHK1Q8AhFQCVj111gMuDX2p6MUkiWs4IL7Hf692gWq62