Dave M
Dave M Reader
1/25/19 8:34 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Thanks, I'll look into both!

TR7
TR7 Reader
1/26/19 1:38 p.m.

I just used mainetrailerregistrations.com a few months ago, legit place with quick turn around and no problems. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/27/19 6:34 a.m.

My FIL bought his dump trailer in California and purchased the lifetime trailer plates. Iowa has a similar deal which is why you see semi trailers from Cali, Iowa and Maine.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
1/27/19 10:56 a.m.
TR7 said:

I just used mainetrailerregistrations.com a few months ago, legit place with quick turn around and no problems. 

I wish there was a place like that for car titles on projects you drag home ....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/27/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

There is Broadway, but it’s cheaper to buy a titled car to begin with.  

Dave M
Dave M Reader
1/27/19 1:21 p.m.
TR7 said:

That's great, thanks, because I was wondering whether or not that place was legit. The folks at mainetrailer.com would not get me a new title/VIN, but these guys say they can do it. I'll send them an email!

Thanks again.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/27/19 1:43 p.m.

Donebrokeit, problem solved?

In NY, I've registered trailers as "homemade", you know; an old car axle and some angle iron makes a <1,000lb. something to haul you riding mower to your mother in law's.  I have a boat trailer that I'm doing that with in a few months, if you'd like a New York registration shoot me a PM, email etc.  My last car trailer was registered as homemade, I think it's $14.50/year.

Dan

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ujqCobkTkDHh7bZ8NOaja7cJXx5qKLiYL09jQDvFh5KnQlXGx2GwqPsbO5L1SRua