1 2
_
_ New Reader
8/22/18 8:19 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to _ :

Definitely go for Koni Sports on some ~400#/325# springs, and get a pair of extended mounts for the rear - either NB or aftermarket. Your ride on the street will drastically improve, as will the autox performance. 

Where does one get these extended mounts? Or what do I search for? Are they top hat extensions?

edit: I found what you’re talking about. 

_
_ New Reader
8/23/18 10:55 a.m.

Stead of starting a Nother what suspension for my Miata thread, I decided I’ll just post it here and hopefully somebody will comment. 

Just to be upfront, I’m not made of money and therefore neither will my Miata be. So I am looking at either Koni str.t (75$) shocks for all 4 corners, or bilstein b6 (98$). And then TEIN S tech springs. 

What says these ppl?  

gunner
gunner Reader
8/23/18 6:29 p.m.
_ said:

Stead of starting a Nother what suspension for my Miata thread, I decided I’ll just post it here and hopefully somebody will comment. 

Just to be upfront, I’m not made of money and therefore neither will my Miata be. So I am looking at either Koni str.t (75$) shocks for all 4 corners, or bilstein b6 (98$). And then TEIN S tech springs. 

What says these ppl?  

I can only comment on the TEIN S tech springs but only from the corolla. RIde, crappy. Handling, crappy. I bought H&R springs to replace them with and The H&R springs are amazing. Both with the same koni yellow struts. My opinion of your two options is KONI str.t for the win.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/23/18 8:04 p.m.

In reply to _ :

Some people love Bilstein, but I’ve never liked them on any of a wide variety of cars I’ve driven(including Miatas). They feel like they have way too much compression damping. 

If Koni Sports are our out the budget, then go for Koni SRTs. Though I’m unsure if they’ll handle the 400#/325# spring rates I suggested above. 

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
9/4/18 7:23 p.m.

Any updates?

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
Un093CMlOOToConeBxFRyHgVyfiCNlIUkAe6EUd9a1L0pQhvRnLEWrRdYAJGstoZ