1 2
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/3/10 7:56 a.m.

Andy - Here's a thought - I'm not sure why you don't have a flywheel, but if you can get away with putting one in, it might help. Sounds like it shock-loaded the gear, and the flywheel certainly helps to damp some of that shock. Also, a sprung clutch (if you don't already use it, and one will work) could help in that effort.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/3/10 9:13 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Andy - Here's a thought - I'm not sure why you don't have a flywheel, but if you can get away with putting one in, it might help. Sounds like it shock-loaded the gear, and the flywheel certainly helps to damp some of that shock. Also, a sprung clutch (if you don't already use it, and one will work) could help in that effort.

The input shaft on a fine spline big shaft trans is twisted, and the case is stretched. A flywhell probably would twisted the input off. I am convinced the third gear just got beat up on the dyno. I could not run high gear because it would overspeed the dyno at 150, so we ran it in the lower gear.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
7/4/10 10:48 a.m.

Used Tex Racing T-101 is 3900.00??!! I don't think I'm going to go that fast. I know Tex has a good rep, though, and we used their T-10's in our IMSA car. Finding the shop in Ether NC was an adventure.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
isRgtwBbxMlbzoYmkQ0uiS94Fzol1Pes6FKDGLV17CmRsdaNE07BPEPxSYC6c22r