carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/28/10 7:45 p.m.

I'm really enjoying the May 2010 issue. The Aero article and 10 handling secrets are very timely and useful.

I judge the goodness of an issue by how many turned down pages I have. I turndown a page when I see a tech tip, article or product that I want to remember or check out. So far I have 8 and I've just now gotten to the 10 handling secrets.

Also a big thank you for the removable labels. I know they've been on for a while, I've just never thanked you for them. Now I can see the issue date &/or the list of articles in the magazine.

The race car rental article was also nice. I never realized many of the sordid details of the rentals. It's at once simpler and more complicated than I thought and it's definitely an option especially when I want to have some fun cross contry.

While I'm taking the time to write let also say I usually also like your articles on how to buy a used car. These seem to be getting better and better. While I'm not in the market for a Porsche this article would have given me the details to get started. Some of the older articles were rather cursory, but now it seems you've learned what we want to know.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/28/10 8:30 p.m.

x2 on the buyer's guides. I loved how they did the WRX and Lancer in back-to-back issues last year.

Best damn car magazine on Earth.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/28/10 9:33 p.m.

Well I'm up to 15 dog eared pages and I just got to the Tokyo Treasures article.

The Le Grand is starting to look very good.

So now what could you do to the 335i ecu to stop the limp mode? Just the oil cooler or is there some reflashing that can be done?

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
3/30/10 8:10 p.m.

I completely agree, this issue really knocked it out of the park, especially the tasty and helpful tech pieces. The paint glob trick in the aero article is pure simple genius, I've been intending to do the inch of yarn taped in critical airflow areas trick but the paint method is so much better.

Also, my web site got plugged! I was wondering why my hit count was increasing rapidly this week... now I know.

GRM staff; thank you for the double dip of happiness this month.

Carson
Carson Dork
3/30/10 8:30 p.m.

In reply to ansonivan:

I saw that and it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask you. I was showing my brother your site a couple months ago and a lot of the updates I remember from when you first built the VW weren't there. Are they hiding somewhere? I was specifically trying to show him how you linked the throttles.

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
3/30/10 8:39 p.m.

I ditched the old site completely along with the story of how it went together, at some point I'll clean up the wording (Grammar, not foul language) and stick it all into the new site.

You can still view the old site using an internet archive site.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/30/10 8:47 p.m.

In reply to ansonivan:

Holy cow, man...I completely forgot that was your car!

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/30/10 10:00 p.m.

I noticed 2 things on the last page near and dear to my heart right now, an Atomesque Locost and Mig welding tips. Both things that go together.

If I had any input the iRacing articles would go away. The fact that you own nothing but your equipment and you can't use the software to practice up, you have to always be connected and paying a charge that goes on and on forever completely turns me off of the whole iRacing concept.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
3/30/10 10:19 p.m.

I liked IHROTM. Some of the other stuff was cool too

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
3/30/10 10:39 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Best damn car magazine on Earth.

Yup, that's why I reupped for 10 years last spring.

Our Preferred Partners
qJUDgQfQiJcdJWaMCAvY33JQMyefWpg0NCp6Cs9xusnGVNPBzfYpuu4eIXpYVah3