Shane
Shane
1/1/10 11:37 p.m.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier of 1999-2005 formed carpet kits for the Miata?

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/2/10 1:58 a.m.

Moss Motors, maybe? You can usually get good salvage ones, and the 1990-97 carpets should be pretty close in fitment but do vary in terms of the fabric.

1slowcrx
1slowcrx Reader
1/2/10 2:15 a.m.

Check spec miata builds... They don't need no stinkin carpet

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
1/2/10 7:43 a.m.

I've built 2 SMs & have never pulled the carpet out in re-useable fashion. LOL

Shane
Shane New Reader
1/2/10 1:09 p.m.

In reply to johnhammer: LOL! This is a daily driven street rig. After removing the original one....ie dash, heater, instrument cluster etc...it really crossed my mind to cut it out! However the new on still has to go in!

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/2/10 4:57 p.m.

From what I remember, you can pull/install the carpet while leaving the dash in place if you do a couple of cuts forward from those dash brackets. It's a fairly invisible spot when you're done.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
1/2/10 7:25 p.m.

Don't know about Miatas but there seem to always be cheap formed carpet on ebay. Don't know the quality though.

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
1/3/10 5:34 a.m.

Shane, I just meant that most of us building those SMs are less than accurate while pulling the carpet! Mine generally looks like a cross between a frat-house rug & a rat's nest by the time I get it out of there; you wouldn't want our leftovers for a street car! :p

Shane
Shane New Reader
1/3/10 5:46 p.m.

In reply to johnhammer:

Loved the sticky tho!..S

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EZNV0HfLonjxWTImnJr9szj4LvfSf8ylNzwh8bNQr3Crr0uP9LUF8RsROoyjppW5