1 2
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/23/16 9:31 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

Eh... for the first 15 years of my life, my parents only owned 2-door cars. They'll live.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
11/23/16 9:39 a.m.
Ian F wrote: In reply to wearymicrobe: Eh... for the first 15 years of my life, my parents only owned 2-door cars. They'll live.

I came home form the hospital in the parcel shelf of a 75 VW beetle. Just because you can does not mean you should. Plus I think the charger looks better IMO.

Not that I have any right to complain I own 7 cars right now and they all have two doors.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/23/16 10:03 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

Well, I disagree there. While the Charger's appearance has definitely improved since the first version, the Challenger looks better.

As long as the kids are old enough not require car seats, I don't see why they can't climb into the back seat of a 2-door car. Of course, I say this owning both a minivan and a station wagon (and have no kids).

mblommel
mblommel HalfDork
11/23/16 6:50 p.m.

I wanted to update this thread, I purchased a new car today to replace the Miata. And it's..............

A 2013 FR-S! I came ever so close to buying the Scat Pack Challenger but my better judgement took over. While I liked the car, it was really stretching my budget. With two kids that need stuff like food, clothing and Xmas presents I felt guilty dropping 40 big one's on a toy for Dad. For literally half the cost I picked up a 17K mile FR-S in excellent shape. I think it's good compromise and really more in line with what I like in a car. Although it's not lime green and it doesn't have a 6.4L Hemi, I love driving it. As a bonus I can still do autocross and track day events without the entire thing being tongue in cheek. Thanks for all the enabling GRM!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
11/23/16 8:40 p.m.

Sweet, I was looking forward to living vicariously through your experience; guess I still will.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/16 8:23 a.m.

Welcome, brother.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ROHMBlndRmAG42KDZycjPbeaFrMce4p4tAC4QK6BslfcJ2jOwRzx5tO80IJFRTem