1 2 3 4
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
2/26/20 5:49 a.m.

Just bought an 05 Mazdaspeed Miata. I think this picture might fit in with this thread.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/26/20 6:45 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

If I was to get a Miata that is exactly how I would want it. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
2/26/20 7:45 a.m.
Sonic said:

a sofa on top of the roll bar and windshield.  

That's awesome!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
2/26/20 7:47 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Yes, it definitely fits! 

How does it handle on the street?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/26/20 8:06 a.m.

Let's not talk about its street manners....

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
2/26/20 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

That's what I suspected. 

engiekev
engiekev Reader
2/26/20 9:18 a.m.

Are those side by side tires??

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/26/20 10:06 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

Yep...  and a snorkel on an open car that probably doesn't have waterproofed electronics.   Kind of reminds me of a 5" exhaust tip on a 1.5" system.

MattGent
MattGent Reader
2/26/20 10:32 a.m.

I have towed and launched a boat

And used it to anchor a larger boat during hurricane Irma

ebelements
ebelements Reader
2/26/20 10:34 a.m.

This thread absolutely rules. 

Once my wife's "stupidity tolerance" normalizes after my most recent inane purchase, I'm absolutely building a sport utility answer.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
2/26/20 12:42 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to engiekev :

Yep...  and a snorkel on an open car that probably doesn't have waterproofed electronics.   Kind of reminds me of a 5" exhaust tip on a 1.5" system.

I believe the primary purpose of a snorkel is to raise the intake up so that it sucks in less dust, particularly when traveling on dusty roads behind other cars. Water fording is a secondary use.

Kicked around the idea of adding a snorkel to my Miata for no particular reason. Probably won't happen.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/26/20 1:10 p.m.

In the Miata, yet I got nothing, except maybe this:

Now when the "stuff you've crammed into your Yaris" or "furniture you've moved with your Civic hatch" threads start, I'll be more on point.  

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/26/20 7:32 p.m.
Yavuz said:

Not particularly extreme, but this was my autocross setup for a year or two. Jack, tools, and 3 tires wedged in the trunk. Tire 4 on the passenger seat. Cooler on the passenger floor. Helmet perched on the center console.

Have done that with all 4 wheels with my NB. Tied off to the hinge bases with a small ratchet strap. Light weight roller jack, tools and a folding chair fit under the tires. Cooler in passenger floor board.

Have also brought home a 10-foot extension pole from the local hardware store once. Laid alongside and tied off to the passenger mirror, passenger seat and passenger side of the top bars. Pole was almost as long as the car. A passer-by called it Miata jousting. Didn't get a pic.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
2/26/20 8:50 p.m.

Marked to add future pix.

I've hauled 10' treated 6x6 in my NA.

12' carpet tubing for set work

Decking lumber and lumber for my raised garden. 

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
2/26/20 9:43 p.m.

Winter duty

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
2/27/20 1:06 p.m.

OK, went through my Google photos and here we go....

Picking up porch boards at the local Lowe's

Long packages...

Computer racks

And here are a couple pics out hooning in the snow... just because :)

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
2/27/20 2:09 p.m.

Sadly nothing exciting.  I came to Miatai late in life and have never had it as my sole car so big loads get hauled by big vehicles.

Except that one time I bought 15 10' pieces of 3/4" conduit.  stuck it down in the footwell and up onto the rollbar.  Infinite headroom means that isn't a problem...until the sky opened up on me less than a mile from home.  Hunkered down under an overpass for an hour with a pair of bikers until it passed.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
2/27/20 3:08 p.m.

One more. Arrived home after picking up CSmith at the airport - he had more luggage than expected. We got some "interesting" looks leaving the parking deck. 

Roughly a 90 minute drive home from there...

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/1/20 4:06 p.m.

Did i win a prize yet? All of mine are same car and $2018 Challenge car at that 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/1/20 4:15 p.m.
Driven5 said:

Adult relations. No pics.

Ewwww, I rode in your Miata that one time.

spandak
spandak HalfDork
3/1/20 6:13 p.m.

This thread makes me want a Miata to put stuff in. 
I have a Boxster but I don't carry stuff and no one has a thread about that anyway. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas None
1/24/22 12:02 a.m.

I recently brought home my engine hoist in my Miata. I had to unbox the legs and arms to place them in the passenger seat. I had to leave the trunk open for the other box. It was just a smidge to wide. I only have pictures of it together.

bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
1/24/22 1:40 a.m.

Towed from California to Washington State

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
1/24/22 8:20 a.m.

Since I'm an old Geezer can I tell what my MGTD hauled?    I hauled the bricks home to make a BBQ fireplace . About a ton and a half.  Put it on the passenger floorboard.  ( 1/2 inch plywood )  

I also used it to tow my wire wheel camper carrying all my race tools and equipment and camping stuff 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/24/22 9:19 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

Did i win a prize yet? All of mine are same car and $2018 Challenge car at that 

Sports car AND A BUELL? Awesome

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lvGn2GTp9gR2jTNaA5KL24IclDRAYDCLzxTi3WKLTTM1RgrNqsQanO1xYHJMt4o0