2 3 4 5
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
1/23/12 8:00 p.m.

No problem,just about done so pray for some cold so I can actually try it out!.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/6/12 10:30 p.m.

Finally got to run it,no shakedown testing prior to the race weekend though.Went ok except for 2 dnf's due to crap in the custom fuel tank clogging the filter.Fixed that up sunday morning at was fine afterwards.I won the other 3 races.

http://youtu.be/H7fp4SKuxvo

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
2/7/12 10:46 p.m.

Dude... I love it!!!!

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/8/12 3:32 p.m.

Thanks,pretty big fun to drive and it does nothing unexpected handling wise.Need to soften the front springs a little for next year and redo the rub block tensioners to idler wheels but otherwise its not bad.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
2/8/12 4:02 p.m.

You make that look waaaay too easy man. I won a 55" flat screen at my company Christmas party, so I stole our old living room flat screen and have it as my computer monitor now, that video looked awesome on a 47" flat screen!!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr Reader
2/8/12 4:18 p.m.

That was Sweet!

How long are those races? What sort of classes are there?

YOu were kicking the crap out of them!

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/8/12 4:28 p.m.

The qualifer race is 8 laps and the next 4 are 12 lappers.The old tercel wagon(lined up to my right at the start) is REALLY lightened and has a later gen corolla engine swapped in and it works well and the guy is driving it well and he can keep me in sight.The rest of the awd guys are in very real danger of being lapped at least once. We have fwd,rwd,awd classes with no studs,street studs(what I run)and menards along with a another set of identical classes for 2nd drivers(buddy can run the car or you can and earn points for the 2nd class). My wife currently on a tear in a corolla alltrac wagon in the 2nd driver street stud class(no seperation for women)and has won all 10 races so this season.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
2/8/12 5:12 p.m.

Congratulations on getting the car on the ice and running well. Hey, you have snow banks. We ran a two day event at Tupper Lake and one day at Caroga Lake, both in upstate NY. No snow on either lake. We are on Face Book now. AMEC www.icerace.com

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/8/12 8:43 p.m.

If we don't have banks we don't run,rules require a minimum of 3 foot banks and even thats not too safe-I can leap that in a heartbeat.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
2/9/12 9:27 a.m.

Difference in race courses.

Snow banks for us are a problem. We have to knock them down or get sued by some snowmobiler after the races.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/9/12 6:16 p.m.
iceracer wrote: Difference in race courses. Snow banks for us are a problem. We have to knock them down or get sued by some snowmobiler after the races.

Thats one bonus of having a permanent track,its always in the same place.

I did some maintance on the car and its ready to go for this weekends events,hope it holds together.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/11/12 5:56 p.m.

It sort of held together,won all 3 races but the chain tensionors are still giving me some issues.I'll run tomorrows races and revamp the set-up with idler wheels this week.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/11/12 6:47 p.m.

Best_thread_evar. I'd like to see an article in the mag.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/12/12 7:50 p.m.

Thanks,won both races today-I think I lapped the entire awd field up to 3rd place.

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
2/12/12 8:15 p.m.

Your latest car is like a bathtub full of whiskey, I know it would be very bad for me but I really want it anyway.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/12/12 8:24 p.m.
ansonivan wrote: Your latest car is like a bathtub full of whiskey, I know it would be very bad for me but I really want it anyway.

Haha,you'd need to get inline as I have 1 standing offer from this forum and a fellow racer was really trying to talk me into selling it to him yesterday or at least building him one.There's also talk that I've inspired 2 different guys to build something similiar,the one guy runs the canadian subaru rally team or something-could be interesting.

As well as the car drives right now I WILL make it better for next season,have plenty of set-up changes in mind to find more speed.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/13/12 4:46 p.m.

Video from the qualifying race.

http://youtu.be/NModSrFiMaY

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/14/12 4:23 p.m.

Video from sunday,we run the opposite direction so its a bit different.

http://youtu.be/7N10EFtjfz8

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/20/12 7:23 p.m.

http://youtu.be/UlOdf5prANc

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
2/20/12 8:43 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla:

That looks like a blast

corytate
corytate HalfDork
2/20/12 9:12 p.m.

I'd just to state that this is the best thread title ever, bar none.
breakdown:
mid-engine: yes!
awd: yesyes!
geo: yes! huh? hell yes!
ice racer: ice racer is just the icing on the cake. there are no words to describe ica racing that aren't censored by the forum.
lol

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/20/12 9:36 p.m.

Thanks,this warm weekend had us looking more like mud boggers than ice racers-they cancelled the races just before my 1st race on sunday.Too much mud on the windows leading to some crashes,I wasn't the only one happy to have the plug pulled.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy Dork
2/21/12 8:01 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: http://youtu.be/H7fp4SKuxvo

I love the debris that shakes itself loose at 2:19

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
3/2/12 12:47 p.m.

This is the last race weekend,have the title locked up after 5 wins last weekend.Last weekend was also the annual drivers meeting for next years rules changes,the class I run in has been called the "awd,specials and modifieds" class forever.Fellow competitors proposed a change to the class separating the awd from the special and modifieds,rule was adopted so for next year I'm in a class of one untill somebody comes forward with similiar builds.Not holding my breath however. Also my wife has been running a corolla alltrac in the 2nd driver street stud class and is also leading the class(no powder puff crap),might be a husband/wife sweep of the awd classes this year.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
3/2/12 1:01 p.m.

Somebody should have told those "fellow competitors" to man up and build a fast car if they don't like losing. You should be congratulated for doing such a kickass job, not punished. That's one of the reasons I'm not racing circle track now. I had something similar happen.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QkthdGI9lEzem970qTFGeVMwMvpaAsbqfOatf4XnKghL8XQw3fuQPuJTNPPpAp1F