3 4 5
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
3/6/12 5:27 p.m.

Thanks Mike,I agree completely and its not the 1st time a ruleset has been changed due to one of my cars. Seasons over and my wife managed to win her class so thats cool.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
10/1/12 8:59 p.m.

Found this vid so I youtube'd it up,getting ready to start putting the car back together this weekend.I sold the open wheel car that donated its engine for the winter season so I bought another R1 engine but carbed version this time around.Need to install the jet kit and oil baffle plate plus build new engine mounts(to replace the ones still being used in the other car)and the engine can go back in.A couple of set-up changes along with a change to a narrow tire for this year and it should be good to pick up where it left off last season. I just glassed up 2 big foam cored wings for this thing-yes 2 big wings.

Here's the vid;

http://youtu.be/76Z-M7MmN7Y

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
10/1/12 9:32 p.m.

awesome sound

what's R1 coin these days?

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
10/2/12 5:48 p.m.

I picked up 2000 model with modified harness(it was in a locost type homebuilt),custom header,gauges,new clutch,fuel pump etc for $800.I think the rejetted carb'd version will make a little more power than the megasquirted version I had simply due to the lack of dyno time to fine tune it. This the foam core wing profile I used for both wings,

fidelity101
fidelity101 New Reader
10/2/12 5:53 p.m.

Hopefully there is winter this year for ice racing...

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
10/2/12 7:51 p.m.

Yes last year was not great for ice racing,we got all 6 weekends in but the track had as much dirt as ice a couple of weekends.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
10/4/12 5:42 p.m.

We were lucky. We managed to find enough ice on three lakes to hold six races.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bYUeORxzNIkMXmgJfA1NmP1CZOcaUEm6c6zC30UfUjqNMjNdqRJc7QGSDZLYI8kc