Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/10/20 11:28 a.m.

In reply to adam525i (Forum Supporter) :

Hmmm....

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
9/10/20 1:32 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

The C6 is a little nicer on the inside than the C5. My dad picked up a 2010 C6 convertible last year, and I've driven it a few times. It's not the greatest interior ever, but not really terrible. I couldn't find anything really wrong with it other than it was a 10 year old car. No rattles or squeaks or anything like that. I like the looks of the C5 better, but if you are bothered by the C5's interior that much, try a C6.

I guess it's what you get used to.  It's funny that so many people here have a negative association with Sunfires....my buddy doesn't like C5's for the same reason, the center stack reminds him of his wife's old Pontiac Sunfire, and he can't get over it.  Never having owned or driven a Cavalier/Cobalt/Sunfire, I am apparently immune.

But to further add to the theory, I don't like C6's because the interior reminds me of an HHR, so apparently it's whatever generation of GM rental interior you got hit with that ruins everything else for you! :)  I did put a C6 Z06 shifter and knob in mine because I didn't like the C4 style square knob that came stock, and put a nice suede shift boot and double-DIN touchscreen radio in.  Total investment was $400-500 I think, but the shifter/boot/knob was a way better improvement than the radio to me.  I just wanted apple carplay and bluetooth, the aesthetics and sound were fine on the OEM stuff.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
9/10/20 7:00 p.m.

I got a '99 996, then a '99 986. I absolutely adore my 911, but the 986 does nearly everything better even with 100hp less. I can't get the idea of a 3.4/3.6 swapped 986 out of my head. It seems like they sell for around $12-15k when they come up.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/10/20 7:26 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/10/20 8:29 p.m.

99 FRC

If I could I would.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
9/10/20 9:11 p.m.

I hate that I'm wanting something selfish, but I really want to buy that yellow one on Saturday.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/11/20 3:04 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I hate that I'm wanting something selfish, but I really want to buy that yellow one on Saturday.

Just do it.  I test drove one when they were new and I needed a grin-ectomy when I was done.  You can say allot of things about fit and finish and that is is not as fast as a c6 or c7.  Then I look at that person that is saying these things and the other fact is that only about ten percent of the people driving a C6 or C7 have the talent to extract that added performance on track.  So all that talk is just talk.  I really don't think there is a car that is a better performance value.  I put it up there with Miata's and the Boxster I think has become on of these cars.  They are all excellent tools that do a similar job just in different ways.  In the end it is not how fast you go it is how much the car makes you smile.  If you need a grin-ectomy like I did after I test drove one all those years ago I think you know what the answer is.  

9/13/20 12:31 a.m.

Oops, I did it again

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/13/20 3:57 a.m.

Wow that is a nice looking one. That is one of my favorite colors.  

imgon
imgon HalfDork
9/13/20 5:20 a.m.

Very nice, I love that blue. Enjoy your new ride and hope it takes a long time to wipe that grin off. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
9/13/20 9:18 a.m.

Soooo much better looking than that yellow one.  Blue looks cool.  Yellow or red is ostentatious.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/13/20 10:09 a.m.
kazoospec said:

Maybe it's a Michigan thing, but I see clean title C5 Z-06's for less than 20K all the time.

Nanananananican'thearyounanananana

I looked at an 04 (I think), yellow, 50K miles, updated valve springs (apparently, valve float is a thing for these?),

A lot of 5.7l Corvettes and CTS-Vs (and a few RX-7s) joined the windowed block club at track days when valve float and therefore piston contact would knock the head off of an exhaust valve.  Then the piston would shatter.  Then the rod would beat through the side of the block and redistribute all of the oil and coolant.  Exciting when you've got a corner coming up and your rear tires are now well-lubricated.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
9/13/20 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Did you get it?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/13/20 1:16 p.m.

I'm glad that you could adapt and overcome the GM interior. I will be following suit very soon.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/13/20 1:36 p.m.

Congrats!!! Enjoy in good health 

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/13/20 3:54 p.m.

Ooo, nice. Love that color. 

9/13/20 3:58 p.m.
white_fly said:

Did you get it?

Yes, yes I did!

2002 Z06 in Electron Blue. 48k miles, 2-owner, absolutely immaculate. HUD, memory package, and a few nice add ons like the trunk divider. $26k out the door with taxes and everything.

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/13/20 7:48 p.m.

Gorgeous car! Congrats!

9/13/20 7:50 p.m.
trumant (Forum Supporter) said:

Gorgeous car! Congrats!

Thank you!

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
9/13/20 8:06 p.m.

Awesome car, congratulations!  Welcome to the club :).  If you have any interior improvement questions, let me know.  I've done a fair bit of shopping in the shifter/infotainment/seats areas. 

9/13/20 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

My seats feel great so far. I'm going to go MGW shifter for sure! On the audio front, I'll likely do a plug and play Alpine head unit and infinity speakers. 

dj06482
dj06482 UltraDork
9/13/20 9:18 p.m.

Beautiful car - so glad you got this one over the yellow one!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/13/20 9:23 p.m.

2002 Z06 in Electron Blue. 48k miles, 2-owner, absolutely immaculate. HUD, memory package, and a few nice add ons like the trunk divider. $26k out the door with taxes and everything.

Sounds like a great deal. Any rear/front/interior shots? 

Is that long antennae fixed? can it be lowered, or made shorter?

9/13/20 9:41 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Sounds like a great deal. Any rear/front/interior shots? 

Is that long antennae fixed? can it be lowered, or made shorter?

Antenna is fixed. I'm looking for a shorty one now.

Here's the ads from the dealer: https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-cars/detail/2002-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06/995/1G1YY12S925115419

dj06482
dj06482 UltraDork
9/13/20 9:43 p.m.

Just checked out all the pictures, that thing is stunning!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BFmbS8JASTg8v6mY7WX6ap2FO2Vgqocoeu82tWavLs9BpKWdrEkfnOjaaw4NB3jk