2 3 4
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/13/20 10:00 p.m.
dj06482 said:

Just checked out all the pictures, that thing is stunning!

Thank you! I can't quite believe I did it yet...

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/13/20 10:08 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:
mr2s2000elise said:

2002 Z06 in Electron Blue. 48k miles, 2-owner, absolutely immaculate. HUD, memory package, and a few nice add ons like the trunk divider. $26k out the door with taxes and everything.

Sounds like a great deal. Any rear/front/interior shots? 

Is that long antennae fixed? can it be lowered, or made shorter?

Antenna is fixed. I'm looking for a shorty one now.

Here's the ads from the dealer: https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-cars/detail/2002-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06/995/1G1YY12S925115419

jaw droppingly gorgeous 

wish you were closer - would ask for a ride 

glad antennae taking care of 

9/13/20 10:39 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Fly and ride! My passenger seat is always open to a GRMer.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/13/20 10:59 p.m.

Fly and ride! My passenger seat is always open to a GRMer.

Very generous! Will have to take you up in it soon 

I have family centralia/tenino/vancouver/Mercer island 

we come up twice a year. 

This year due to Covid we didn't come up - instead we alll met at our Montana summer home 

hope to meet you sometime! 

apprexiate the kind gesture 

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/14/20 9:02 a.m.

Yes!!! How do you like dem horsies??

9/14/20 9:39 a.m.
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) said:

Yes!!! How do you like dem horsies??

I love them! 

JTNWEvo
JTNWEvo New Reader
9/14/20 11:57 a.m.

How was the buying experience with Park Place?  I am semi-local and often enjoy looking at their online inventory but have never stopped in.

9/14/20 12:12 p.m.
JTNWEvo said:

How was the buying experience with Park Place?  I am semi-local and often enjoy looking at their online inventory but have never stopped in.

It was amazing! No games, no pressure, and great people. I showed up in jeans and a hoodie and they let me drive whatever. Stayed late to do my sale. Paperwork took less than 10 minutes. They filled it up with gas too!

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/14/20 12:25 p.m.

I used to sell autoparts wholesale over in Bellevue and there have been some sketchy decision makers there over the years. Thankfully I think they've culled the herd a bit. There are always some really nice cars there.

Congrats! The c5z06 has always been a fantastic bang for the buck. The LS in that chassis is intoxicating powerwise.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/14/20 2:05 p.m.

Driving a friends (identical to this) sold me on my CTS V.  So good.  So rev happy.  So butt happy.

SEADave
SEADave Dork
9/14/20 5:59 p.m.

Awesome looking Z06.  I would like to hear how overall ownership/driving experience compares to the 986S.   Congrats!

neverendingprojectgarage
neverendingprojectgarage New Reader
9/14/20 8:20 p.m.

It's beautiful! That's the exact spec that I hope to buy one day. Well done!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/14/20 9:54 p.m.

Funny, that the day you bought yours, another GRM member, sold this exact car, in this exact color on the same day. LOL

9/14/20 10:36 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Funny, that the day you bought yours, another GRM member, sold this exact car, in this exact color on the same day. LOL

If there was one thing I learned test driving a bunch of them, there is a HUGE quality difference in the cars, even at the same mileage.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/14/20 10:41 p.m.

If there was one thing I learned test driving a bunch of them, there is a HUGE quality difference in the cars, even at the same mileage.

Interesting !!

Is it due to like a car built on Friday vs a different day of the week kind of thing ?

You would think in the modern day quality control would me much more tight ! 

9/15/20 9:40 a.m.

I think it's more like whether it spent it's life sitting stagnant or being driven semi regularly. The one I drove right before the one I bought had a nasty drivetrain shudder, a sticky clutch, a lazy engine with a tick, and soft brakes. Even though it looked perfectly preserved, it had not been maintained, and the constant ownership shuffle had left the interior creaky and dry.

My car, with literally identical mileage, only had two owners and the miles were put on evenly throughout it's life (instead of all at the beginning and then sitting like the other car). It also had all the fluid changed regularly despite the miles, the interior kept up (literally still smells new), and as a result drives like a new one and not an old one.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
9/15/20 7:25 p.m.

I think it's more like whether it spent it's life sitting stagnant or being driven semi regularly. The one I drove right before the one I bought had a nasty drivetrain shudder, a sticky clutch, a lazy engine with a tick, and soft brakes. Even though it looked perfectly preserved, it had not been maintained, and the constant ownership shuffle had left the interior creaky and dry.

My car, with literally identical mileage, only had two owners and the miles were put on evenly throughout it's life (instead of all at the beginning and then sitting like the other car). It also had all the fluid changed regularly despite the miles, the interior kept up (literally still smells new), and as a result drives like a new one and not an old one.

This makes such a difference.  Especially on Chevrolets, apparently.  I spent the first 10 years of my driving career not understanding the hate of F-bodies.  Mine was perfectly fine!  No squeaks, no rattles, the doors didn't sag, stable at 110mph.....why the hate?  Then I drove a bunch of them and realized how bad the bad ones are.  Maybe they just need a half turn on every fastener once every 10 years to get them back in action? 

STM317
STM317 UberDork
9/15/20 8:11 p.m.

Looks awesome! Nice choice.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/15/20 10:56 p.m.

Nice score! That blue is so subtle and doesn't scream 'look at me' like the yellow does.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HQ3HQjLZtowoymSjfH23C9EM6s9bmZDCSfHKNbT09raN4vxsDE8SOiQjuxB6sbsK