BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/4/20 12:03 p.m.

I'm not quite sure how this happened (no beer was involved) - as you know I'm really "over Miatas" - but I somehow noticed that appearently, there are still 100th Anniversary MX5s available for sale. I had expected that they'd sell out in a flash like the ND Launch Edition, but no. Several dealers around here still list them, which surprised me as they're only supposed to made a hundred of them.

Yes, of course there is one dealer - who bills themselves as the greatest dealer chain eva or something - who is advertising it at $10k over MSRP, but most of the other ones are hovering around MSRP.

Plus, my wife thinks the white/red is "cute". And it has moar powar than the ND1 Launch Edition I used to own.

Aaaaaaargh.

Someone tell me it's a really bad idea and that I don't need another car, especially not while waiting for a house refi to come through?

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/4/20 12:34 p.m.

That's not how this works and you know it. Post pics when you get it.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
12/4/20 12:36 p.m.

I mean on one hand you're asking GRM if you should buy a Miata... On the other I'm not sure why you'd spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car that "you're over"?

Or are you? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

12/4/20 1:19 p.m.
Matt B (fs) said:

I mean on one hand you're asking GRM if you should buy a Miata... On the other I'm not sure why you'd spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car that "you're over"?

Or are you? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

I was over Miatas about four NAs and one ND ago, which should tell you anything you need to know about the "being over them" part.

thedoc
thedoc Reader
12/4/20 1:36 p.m.

I'm sure you can quit buying Miata's whenever you want to, you just don't want to yet!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/4/20 1:38 p.m.

I didn't know they'd been making miatas for 100 years. Impressive

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/4/20 1:47 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

The question I always ask myself is what purpose/void will the vehicle fill? There are easily hundreds of vehicles I'd love to own, even if just for a little while, but if I don't have a role for it in our fleet/lives then it's just going to be taking up space most of the time.

12/6/20 12:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

That is a very good point. If I was closer to the end of the lease on the Alfa, the role would be "working car" but right now it would probably be "driveway ornament", especially in winter. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
12/6/20 1:20 p.m.
bobzilla said:

I didn't know they'd been making miatas for 100 years. Impressive

How’d you know where my thoughts went?

and does anyone have a picture of the first 100 year old MX5? Would have to be one interesting looking car!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/6/20 7:57 p.m.

You could've gotten a free one.  

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
12/6/20 8:25 p.m.

Well, you should be able to buy it now, just don't plan on picking it up until 2089.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4mB5lv83b0UANVMSVkIuByAEeghFU9hWGysNBQ5kr56hlbmEYQOos8SQd3r7puTw