6 7 8 9
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/7/20 2:05 p.m.

Maybe the next build should be "finish a stalled build"?  I might throw my C7R in the ring if we do that at some point.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/7/20 3:03 p.m.

I pushed on through and (almost) finished this thing. The engine cover fought me all the way, but super glue and brute force prevailed. I still have to touch up a couple of spots and add an antenna, but I'm calling it done enough. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/7/20 3:22 p.m.

In reply to BenB (Forum Supporter) :

Awesome! I updated my recap post. laugh

Gotta roll some dice for the prize giveaway. I'll be posting the results shortly.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/7/20 3:40 p.m.

Dude! That's brilliant! It turned out really nice.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/7/20 4:42 p.m.

Alright, I found pictures from 6 people with builds either in progress or complete, and two more with posts indicating they were working on builds. Since I am, in fact, a nerd, of course I have an 8-sided die (well, lots of them actually) and a dice-rolling tray. Here's the entries in random order:

And here's me rolling:

So that's a 4 and a 3, meaning BenB gets first choice of either a AMT Taurus SHO, or a Revell Snaptite Ford Raptor. Claff will get second choice, and if either of them wishes to pass, they may choose for their prize to go to someone else.

Also, Wally's been a part of these build threads, and I know he's going through a rough time lately, so I've got a special prize I want to present to him. Wally, take your pick of any model car online, and I'll buy it and send it to you.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
6/7/20 6:05 p.m.

Cool, thanks!

I'll have to pass on the kit. I'm trying not to add any more kits to the stash for a while. I've run out of room.surprise

Claff
Claff Reader
6/7/20 6:18 p.m.

I have benefited from a random kit drawing in an earlier round, so someone else should take advantage of your generosity this time around.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/7/20 6:28 p.m.

Heh, I totally understand that feeling! I've got boxes of kits almost to the ceiling, and I'm out of space for displaying completed builds as well.

In reply to Claff :

Alrighty, I'll roll some more dice!

1 and 7. Javelin, you want either of these kits? Aaron_King, you've got 2nd choice.

6/7/20 9:36 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Thank you, that's very generous of you. I'm going to have to pass again though, you have seen my closet blush I'm going to be putting a bunch up for sale actually.

I've built four of those Raptors, one with each kid, they are really nice kits. I think I have a SHO engine here somewhere for a swap, too. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/8/20 8:45 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Hehe, yeah. You've got a pretty healthy stash as well. laugh

Aaron_King, you want the Taurus or the Raptor?

We'll go through the whole list if we have to, I'm giving these away come hell or high water cheeky

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/8/20 9:04 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Wow, I would like the SHO.  Hopefully my Dad had pict of his old one.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
6/8/20 10:15 a.m.
slowbird said:

Heh, I totally understand that feeling! I've got boxes of kits almost to the ceiling, and I'm out of space for displaying completed builds as well.

All of my completed cars and a 14" Space 1999 Eagle are crowded on my desk because my display case is full. In a couple of weeks I'm going to have to move everything in the display case and my entire stash out to the garage, so we can have the house painted and carpeted. I'm not looking forward to that!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/8/20 11:26 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

In reply to slowbird :

Wow, I would like the SHO.  Hopefully my Dad had pict of his old one.

Awesome! I sent you an email through the GRM messaging form.

vwcorvette, you're next up in the random selection. You want the Raptor?

6/8/20 5:39 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/20 8:49 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I appreciate it but I've got piles of models I'll never get too.

There are more in the closet, and the attic, and the garage, and my mothers house....

6/8/20 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

What's that race car looking one in the Japanese box second from the top?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/8/20 9:07 p.m.

Wouldn't hurt to stack one more on that pile! wink

I would take a picture of my stash, but it would be too hard to get it all in one place...or even remember where some of it's stored...

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/8/20 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

My internet sleuthing skills suggest it might possibly be a Dome Zero RL car from Le Mans, or some variation thereof... surprise

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/20 10:06 p.m.

That's exactly what it is, a Dome-O

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/8/20 11:03 p.m.

That is awesome. One of the few or only kits in 1/24 scale containing a Ford Cosworth DFV engine, from what I can find. laugh

6/9/20 12:28 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

That's exactly what it is, a Dome-O

If you ever want it to take up space in somebody else's closet, hit me up.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
6/9/20 7:07 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Here are 2 1/24 DFVs on my building bench today. Both Heller. Left is McLaren, right Brabham F.1 cars from 1970/71. I think the Dome is the only time a sports car DFV has been modeled. Where art thou Mirage, or any number of less successful examples?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/9/20 10:43 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Last night I stumbled upon this 3d-printed version. I think I might have to order a few of these for various ill-advised engine swap projects laugh

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Y3AZWL3N5/f1-cosworth-1-24-scale?optionId=64956564

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
6/9/20 11:57 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

That looks better than the Heller, but it lacks the "Ford".  Heller's injectors and throttle slide are pretty nice though.

6/9/20 1:55 p.m.

What is this motor in my Gurney Eagle kit?

6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0orI24oV0UpPKL2dCeLKRIVERvfMRCH6PB3Y8fF7nrQRIjZHh3ZTeeeqD21kgRGj