Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/17/20 9:36 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

That would be really cool.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/17/20 9:42 p.m.

That idea is so cool in fact that I'm now holding onto it until we hear from ZackM, because I think he should turn it into a slot car.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/17/20 11:24 p.m.

Agreed, that little Honda would be a cool slot car! Might fit onto a Mini chassis or something similar.

Glad to see these things go to a good home.

If nobody else wants those 32 Ford parts, shove 'em into a padded envelope and send 'em my way.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/18/20 6:22 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

You're the guy. Send me your address and I'll send it along.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
8/18/20 11:17 a.m.

I have several of the Hondas, purchased to make spectator cars for my slot track. It would take the guts from a Carrera "Go" or a Ninco go cart to slotify it. Smaller than a Scalextric Mini! Really nice little kits.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/18/20 11:26 a.m.

I'd be interested in the Chevy truck if nobody is ahead of me.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/18/20 11:27 a.m.
solfly
solfly HalfDork

If you do Motor Trend on Demand Steve Magnante has a couple of Roadkill Extras talking about his model car collection over the past two days. He covered them some in his working from home episode too. Pretty neat.

Woody
Woody MegaDork

In reply to solfly :

It's yours! Send me your address. I'm heading to the post office in half an hour.

8/18/20 11:42 a.m.
solfly said:

If you do Motor Trend on Demand Steve Magnante has a couple of Roadkill Extras talking about his model car collection over the past two days. He covered them some in his working from home episode too. Pretty neat.

Whaaaaa?!?! I love Magnante, I have to go check that out!

Also, FYI, if you have Hagerty insurance on your collector car, they give you MTOD free.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/18/20 12:06 p.m.

What? I have Hagerty. How do I do this?

8/18/20 12:47 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

On the Hagerty web page, log in to your account. There should be a benefits tab or something like that. Click the "Free year of Motor Trend on Demand on us". I already had a paying account and it still worked the business so the log in and everything stayed the same.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/18/20 12:59 p.m.

UPDATE:

The two Shelby models, the Dart, the visible rotary, the 32 Ford parts and the Chevy truck have all been claimed. You guys should have mail.

All that's left is the little Honda, and if ZackM doesn't want to turn it into a slot car, I just may have to finish building it myself.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/18/20 1:01 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

On the Hagerty web page, log in to your account. There should be a benefits tab or something like that. Click the "Free year of Motor Trend on Demand on us". I already had a paying account and it still worked the business so the log in and everything stayed the same.

Did you have to discontinue your original Motor Trend on Demand subscription?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/18/20 6:20 p.m.
Woody said:

UPDATE:

The two Shelby models, the Dart, the visible rotary, the 32 Ford parts and the Chevy truck have all been claimed. You guys should have mail.

All that's left is the little Honda, and if ZackM doesn't want to turn it into a slot car, I just may have to finish building it myself.

8/18/20 7:28 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I don't know if I "had" to, but I did.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/18/20 7:58 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Woody :

I don't know if I "had" to, but I did.

First?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/18/20 8:28 p.m.

I was looking at options to have the decals reproduced and found a better looking version than the red and white one. 

8/18/20 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Oh I like that, I like that very much!

8/18/20 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Yes

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/23/20 11:52 p.m.

I was looking at custom decals before, here's one site that offers them. http://www.circletrackdecals.com/gws-custom-decals.html

If you could scan the original busted-up decals, you could try sharpening them up or recreating them in an image editor and printing them out yourself. It's a pain in the ass to do anything that needs to have white in it, though. There's clear paper and white paper, if you need white in your logos then you have to print on the white paper and cut out the decal perfectly around the edges.

Or you can buy a really expensive printer that can print white.

I'd probably send off reference pics and get a pro to make them for me, for a whole car situation like that.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/29/20 4:47 a.m.

Long shot, but: if anyone has a Fujimi or Revell GT40 Mk.II and would be willing to let it go for less than ebay prices (seen them going for $75 and up) lemme know.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/29/20 8:57 a.m.

Wow! Those kits were dirt cheap before Ford vs Ferrari. Some of the prices on eBay are just nuts!

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/29/20 8:34 p.m.

Did anyone ever make a formula Vee kit? What about a formula junior OSCA from 1959? I know, long shot. The vee may be a scratch build based off a VW bug kit.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/29/20 10:04 p.m.

I am suddenly intrigued  by the idea of models of the lesser formulae. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Ie6GIZ4WeYG7EsDpoMgeopbawB4pjUD9IdxEx9GuaMt4m8GiRJuM4Mq2YzW3Q3v