Rodan
Rodan Dork
6/22/19 10:14 a.m.
slowbird said:

The stock turbo in the Probe kit is way too small for a race car, so I ordered this. Hopefully it's not too modern-looking for my 1990-ish race car.

Could you please post a link to your source?  I've been looking for something like that for a while...

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/22/19 10:21 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-1-25-Scale-Model-Car-Twin-Turbos-With-Intercooler-3D-Printed/183841859508?hash=item2acdd427b4:g:VqwAAOSwnehc~WhW

They also have a fuel cell and some other cool items that I might look at buying if the turbo turns out good.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/22/19 10:34 a.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to Rodan :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-1-25-Scale-Model-Car-Twin-Turbos-With-Intercooler-3D-Printed/183841859508?hash=item2acdd427b4:g:VqwAAOSwnehc~WhW

They also have a fuel cell and some other cool items that I might look at buying if the turbo turns out good.

I think the turbo is going to look just fine.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
6/22/19 10:54 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Thanks!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/29/19 9:56 a.m.

Indy-kid#3 got a blue ribbon in the Fair.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/29/19 10:43 a.m.

Indy-kid#2 entered with his Raminator Monster Truck and go Reserve Champion.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/29/19 10:46 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Indy-kid#3 got a blue ribbon in the Fair.

That's so awesome!!!! Jav Jr 1 & 2 both clapped. Well done!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/29/19 10:46 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Indy-kid#2 entered with his Raminator Monster Truck and go Reserve Champion.

And 4 thumbs up for #2 too!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/29/19 12:24 p.m.

Congrats to the Indy Kids! It delights and surprises me that 4H has a model building competition.

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/29/19 5:29 p.m.

Congrats!

That reminds me, I have a 90s Bigfoot kit I need to build at some point...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/19 3:59 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/3/19 4:09 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Oh! That's gorgeous! Well done! yes

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/19 4:32 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

In reply to Javelin :

Oh! That's gorgeous! Well done! yes

Thank you! Wait until you see the how to video. It's a legit 1960 casted promo based model that was a total glue bomb. 

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
7/3/19 4:34 p.m.

I was going to ask if it was a Johan.

I think they actually did promo models back then too.

They build into surprisingly good displays.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/19 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

It is a JoHan. They molded promos and models for AMC, Cadillac, and Plymouth among others.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/12/19 12:02 p.m.
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/15/19 1:24 a.m.

I fired up the Wayback machine for a model I built 21 years ago...

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
10/16/19 4:56 p.m.

It's almost that time of year!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/21/19 10:20 a.m.
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/30/19 3:00 p.m.

I'm SOOOOOO geeked.  Just scored one of these, with LHD version parts, for $30 on Facebook Marketplace.  

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
11/30/19 4:21 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

That is a seriously good score. I have never seen an NB kit.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/30/19 4:49 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to kazoospec :

That is a seriously good score. I have never seen an NB kit.

I don't think they ever sold them stateside, at least in significant numbers.  Somehow, this guy had several of them.  He advertised 6 of them and they were all sold within a few minutes.  What I'm trying to decide now is whether to just build it "out of the box" or to try to scratch-build the "Appearance Package 2/AP2" kit that my car has.  Pic for reference:

Image may contain: car and outdoor

I built an "R" lip and roll bar for my NA model and I used to scratch build parts when I built planes, but there are some pretty tricky non-linear curves in that extra bodywork, so a straight "out of the box" build is looking pretty attractive.  Also, there's nothing close to the factory "twisted 5" wheels available that I can find, so a perfect replica is pretty much impossible.  I told my wife she could give the kit to me for Christmas, so I have at least a month to think about it.  

BenB
BenB Reader
11/30/19 5:12 p.m.

I had to order my Aoshima NB1 from Japan. I've never seen it available in the US. I haven't built it, yet, but it looks like a great kit. They made an NC kit, too, but I don't know if they made a left-hand drive version..

I finished the Tamiya NA a couple of weeks ago, after a long spell sitting on The Shelf of Doom. I made the mistake of experimenting with airbrushing decanted Krylon paint, which didn't work as planned, so I shelved it out of frustration. The only non-self-induced problem I had with the kit was the fit of the clear parts wasn't great. I've since gone back and filled the embarrassing gap on top of the windshield, after I noticed it in the photo. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/30/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to BenB :

This was my NA effort from a few years ago:

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Justin
Justin New Reader
12/1/19 12:29 a.m.

I started 2 simultaneous builds today.

The Panamera will be white with the roof rack from a Ghostbusters Caddilac kit. Organisers of a scavenger hunt rally I attend called for theme suggestions for the next rally. One entrant was in the process of buying a Panamera, and suggested Ghostbusters. The next week I saw the Revell kit available cheap, and had the Caddy in my stash, so a plan was hatched.

The M5 will be the first of a few I have planned, putting WW2 aircraft schemes on semi-suitable cars. It will have a yellow nose area, blue lower panels, and green/grey camo upper panels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mIVszMGQFysbJz98wucdhqCd0NONMR1PZQkYB5Yi66og4nSTuaW2DvFOCq6fLkSn