slantsix
slantsix Reader
1/15/21 8:25 p.m.

Interesting stuff like 3 on the trees.. manual brakes and steering.. prestolite alternators...and super sixes. In the US those options or  lack of options was pretty much phased out by 1976 or so.

Seems we never got these factory headers here in the states:-(

Valiant super bee... not i slant but I love the hodge podge of factory parts on the car.

Enjoy!  

Greg

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/16/21 9:05 a.m.

Moar MoPar!!!

bOttOmfeeder
bOttOmfeeder New Reader
1/16/21 2:22 p.m.

When I see these Mexican market cars it reminds me of the cars in The Grand Theft Auto video game.   Almost the model sold in the US, but a little different....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/16/21 3:32 p.m.

Did they get the Porka Turbo?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
1/16/21 6:22 p.m.

Years ago Mexico city was like a graveyard for old American cars at night......

All the new cars were behind the fence or in the garage , but the old American Clunker was out on the street , 

I guess scrap was not worth much as there were hoards of old  1950s-60s Chevys and Fords and no one took parts off them , 

But like all good things , this came to an end when the new government decided to clean up the streets !

This was about the same time as the VW bug taxis and VW bus shared taxis were "retired"

slantsix
slantsix Reader
1/21/21 7:46 a.m.

Okay so There is some debate about the headers being factory stock on the '91 dodge 150.

It would be a mexician only part. I was curious if anyone can gain access or help me to find an illistruated 1991 Dode / Chrysler de mexico parts book to actually see if the 1991 slant came from the factory with those headers?

THe hose to the EGR port might suggest it had some sort of water heated intake for the carb, and in Mexican the climate might be more conducive for the header without EFI.

any help would be appreciated.

Seems difficult to access the mexician ebay site without a vpn from here in the states to just look for the item, and my spanish is rusty at best.

Greg

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
1/21/21 1:10 p.m.

Dodge ramcharger 

Dodge magnum

alfabeach
alfabeach New Reader
1/22/21 10:40 a.m.

Saw this Dodge Attitude in Orange Park, Fl.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/25/21 7:39 a.m.

More cool MDM (Mexican Domestic Market) Mopars: The Chrysler Phantom R/T. Basically a LeBaron with a way more aggressive name...

...and the 224 hp Lotus DOHC version of the 2.2 Turbo.

They also seem to have kept the hideaway headlights a few years longer - they look a lot better than the later aero-composite headlights.

slantsix
slantsix Reader
1/25/21 11:34 a.m.

That attitude is a bit far from home.

@ matt, thanks for sharing!

seems like they kept all of the design elements for a bit longer after in other markets after they were retired here in North America / United States.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
1/25/21 1:45 p.m.

K car Dodge Dart 

Super bee

slantsix
slantsix Reader
1/25/21 2:01 p.m.

Aspens and Demons as super bee's -

We kinda did that here too with the furys and Volares / aspens as roadrunners  dusters from '75-'80

I have a '79 Volare' - Duster :-o

Greg

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
1/26/21 9:25 a.m.

I always wanted one of those 90s Ramchargers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L3mGcGdoFEKIfyu4rAxrQSn7qkiXaqxYkxCInOE99PDGCixM6AUIyhiBPoCscAjA