TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/31/18 8:27 p.m.

Perspective

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/31/18 8:40 p.m.
_ said:

Somebody should do a really fast Dodge for the next challenge, and call it the Heffalump

A neon, perhaps?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/31/18 8:49 p.m.
Robbie said:
_ said:

Somebody should do a really fast Dodge for the next challenge, and call it the Heffalump

A neon, perhaps?

Indoobitably, most appropriate

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/1/18 9:01 a.m.

Am I the only one who feels the cool announcement was ruined by including that complete butt hole from Graveyard Cars?  His cars are amazing, no doubt, but he is the meanest, rudest, most condescending a-hole there is.  

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/1/18 9:11 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

I really don't even know who he is, so it makes zero difference to me. 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/1/18 10:21 a.m.

Some of the best choices I have made in life are really bad ones.

Wonder if it would fit? Not like I would need a gearbox.

Pete

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
11/1/18 10:29 a.m.
Cooter said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

Pedantic Mopar guy that agonizes about over spray locations, wax pen markings, and thread locker color... and he happens to have a TV show. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/1/18 10:35 a.m.

To anyone questioning the existence of this engine, there are Toyota Camry forums that are happy to talk about beige.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/1/18 10:39 a.m.
pinchvalve said:

Am I the only one who feels the cool announcement was ruined by including that complete butt hole from Graveyard Cars?  His cars are amazing, no doubt, but he is the meanest, rudest, most condescending a-hole there is.  

I’m stunned. And I’m being serious here. That is all an act (and he makes sure to make it more than obvious) for the show. I ask without judgement nor condescension: have you ever watched the show? 

This post from another site sums it up, although I’m not calling anyone dumb:

“Doesn't anyone get it?? He is just hamming it up for the show! Nobody on the show is offended, and they all make jokes/ remarks back at him! C'mon, you can't be that dumb...I personally think he's funny and like the show.”

He’s playing for the camera but he’s not even just acting, he’s purposefully being a clown the entire time.

Duane from American Hot Rod was a real shiny happy person for example. But this guy is goofing around with this act. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
11/1/18 12:00 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

Yeah that guy is super annoying, can't watch the show he is on.  Maybe they staple his mouth shut it would be tolerable.

If it is all just an act, why act like a jerk, always.  I confess I have not watched much, but I have never seen him be close to amusing.

Awfully large heads on that motor, too wide for a lot of engine bays, and I bet it is heavy.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
11/1/18 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Toebra :

1000hp fixes a lot of heavy.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
11/1/18 12:51 p.m.

12 year old me would be thrilled about this engine and that's enough to satisfy 27 year old me.

Time to get my pencils and college-ruled composition book and draw a Hellephant powered Kia Sedona.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/1/18 1:25 p.m.
NordicSaab said:
Cooter said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

Pedantic Mopar guy that agonizes about over spray locations, wax pen markings, and thread locker color... and he happens to have a TV show. 

Aside from the TV show, that could be an awful lot of MoPar guys. 

And this is coming from a MoPar guy. But not one that really cares about numbers matching or brand superiority that much.  I grew up during a time when we "butchered" Challenger R/T Convertibles to go faster because they were just cars. Guess what? They still are.  

(My $750 Challenger 318 "parts car" that I bought for unhacked door panels and a crack-free dash pad for my 440 car. I ended up tossing another mild 440, with 4.56s, Sure Grip, and a reverse manual valve body while keeping the column shift in this one because sleeper beater; people would hate me for what I did to this one, too, but they were meant to be driven)

Since I don't have cable, I will have to wait until he is on Netflix or Amazon to ignore him, though. 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/1/18 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Toebra :

All aluminum block and heads. I doubt it is very heavy. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
11/1/18 2:09 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

In reply to Toebra :

1000hp fixes a lot of heavy.

QUOTABLE!

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/1/18 3:11 p.m.

You think they'd send me one if I just sent them a photo of my truck with "Pls" written on it in sharpie?

Toebra
Toebra Dork
11/1/18 5:20 p.m.

Think we can get Mopar to do a deal like Vredstein did on the tires so the M in Molvo will stand for Moparriffic?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
11/1/18 6:46 p.m.
NordicSaab said:
Cooter said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

Ask anyone in the restoration biz.

Mopar guys are weirdos, without exception.
They make the "rivet counting anorak" corvette guys seem normal.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/1/18 7:41 p.m.
Trans_Maro said:

Am a weirdo, can confirm. Upside is most of us are the good kind of weirdos and not the numbers matching rectum stick kind.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
11/1/18 8:00 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:
pinchvalve said:

I’m stunned. And I’m being serious here. That is all an act (and he makes sure to make it more than obvious) for the show. I ask without judgement nor condescension: have you ever watched the show? 

This post from another site sums it up, although I’m not calling anyone dumb:

“Doesn't anyone get it?? He is just hamming it up for the show! Nobody on the show is offended, and they all make jokes/ remarks back at him! C'mon, you can't be that dumb...I personally think he's funny and like the show.”

He’s playing for the camera but he’s not even just acting, he’s purposefully being a clown the entire time.

Boyd  from American Hot Rod was a real shiny happy person for example. But this guy is goofing around with this act. 

FTFY

...but maybe it was just an act, too. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/1/18 8:33 p.m.
Grizz said:
Trans_Maro said:

Am a weirdo, can confirm. Upside is most of us are the good kind of weirdos and not the numbers matching rectum stick kind.

As a bit of a closet Mopar guy myself, I feel like I've met more of the numbers matching rectum sticks than I'm ok with.

te72
te72 Reader
11/1/18 11:10 p.m.
z31maniac said:

While I don't share GIRTHQUAKES dislike of the craziness, I will say I have driven a few high HP cars on the street, for me, it does get a little old after awhile.

I want the car to hook up and go, I don't care about doing rolling burnouts at triple-digit speeds. 

To me, hearing of a 1000hp engine isn't all that weird, I've been hanging out with Supra guys for nearly 15 years now. A large portion of that time was spent admiring the drag racing efforts of that community back in the 00's. Maybe I'm a bit jaded, perhaps. However... this thing has a warranty... and runs on pump gas... and just listen to that throttle response.

Think it'll fit in a Miata? Hmm...

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
11/1/18 11:22 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Why not?

It's because of reports like this one, and so far what I've found for 2018 is that they still haven't come to any deals. My basic problem is that FCA here in the states seems to lean on cheap sales of Jeeps to fun side projects like this and expensive RAM trucks instead of updating their lineup or solving issues with poor reliability. Just makes me think of someone who wants to "go out with a bang", essentially.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
11/2/18 11:21 a.m.
Daylan C said:
Grizz said:
Trans_Maro said:

As a bit of a closet Mopar guy myself, I feel like I've met more of the numbers matching rectum sticks than I'm ok with.

I don't think there's very many chalkmark guys under the age of 50 regardless of marque.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/2/18 12:30 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

These "side projects" aren't losing any money. Nor are they losing money on Jeep or Ram sales.  

Take a look at what Ford is doing with their previously robust automobile lineup and what GM is also looking to do before you complain about how FCA needs to put more money into new automobile product. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pp2bHQOI8d58TUsblz554sgdnW4BHjUymTXY47FNt67ZSYXIrNIFhhIMbU01zc0h