5 6 7
stan
stan SuperDork
6/6/13 7:53 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Duke wrote:
stan wrote: An '81 'Vette. I'd heard people talk up the Corvette for years and when my time came to drive it (my mom's car and I took it for a fillup) I jumped. 20 minutes later I couldn't wait to get out of it. There were exactly zero things I liked about that car.
In fairness, those were Dark Days Indeed for the 'Vette.
This, try one new enough to have LS power, or pre 72 or so.

You guys are right, it was one sample from many (e pluribus... unum samplus?) and maybe one of these days I'll know someone well enough that has a newer/older 'Vette that would let me drive it. I still didn't like the way it felt in the driver's seat, so the '67 up wouldn't have changed my opinion a lot.

beans
beans Reader
6/6/13 10:00 a.m.

New Civic Si. Like the torque of the 2.4, everything else was so 'meh.'

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
6/6/13 12:54 p.m.

In reply to kanaric:

Just you wait.

I liked it a lot when I first got it, but by 30k miles, it was starting to exhibit small issues. By 60k, the A/C compressor crapped out, and that was the last straw. By that time, every part of the interior creaked and cracked, the A/C vents would fall out over bumps or when you adjusted them, and the transmission was starting to have issues.

Hopefully, they figured it out. Mine was definitely a lemon. And Subaru's "Gold Plus" extended warranty was a JOKE. Biggest waste of money ever. When it came down to me taking the car in for some of it's major problems, like the transmission issues I had, they didn't want to cover anything unless I paid for $1300+ in "diagnosis time" to see if the failed parts were covered.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve UltimaDork
6/6/13 1:05 p.m.

Cadillac Escalade. Seriously, for the money, it sucked. It is based on a truck, and they did about nothing to make it any better, let alone a Cadillac. For a base price of $73,000, it looked like a $30,000 truck at best. You sit in the "huge" back seat and your knees are level with your nipples. It rode like crap and the fit and finish were a joke. And this is a 2013 I am referring to.

Then you sit in a Range Rover, which stickers for $10K more. It looks like it costs 2.5 times as much!

Or a GMC Yukon Denali which stickers for $10k less and is even nicer than the Caddy!

5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xI4nkg1PU4FVPxYPc2e274XfDfpxo5vw3weLjHvBAmNEnIzaBt7E1PTYCYLDpypc