gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/23/20 11:15 a.m.

Ok yeah I purposely wrote the title like a canoe because I'm a big dork but I actually couldn't find the original discussion on car lifts and the information was so timely because I was already going to buy a set of QuickJacks this year when I got my annual bonus, which happens this coming friday.

I happened to have a bit more cash than normal in my account since I sold my M5. So when I ran across the lift discussion I promptly clicked the link to home depot where the QJ was on sale and after a couple days of deciding whether to wait till I got my bonus and buy it during black friday or just go ahead and pull the trigger then, I went ahead and bought everything I wanted. (QJ 5000slx, wall hangers, pin risers) I went to look at it today and while it is still on black friday sale, they raised the price of everything slightly, so thanks to the timely post I saved an additional 125 dollars that I still would have spent if I had waited and I wanted to get on here and say thank you so much! I don't participate in much of what GRM has to offer besides the forums anymore but I wanted to say how awesome the GRM family is. Story after story, again and again, awesome. Thank you guys.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
11/23/20 12:27 p.m.

I took Costco up on their sale on these awhile back and have this board to credit for me knowing about the dern thing at all. Since my pal with the shop and lift moved outta state, I had to do something, so mad props to the GRM mafia!

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
11/23/20 2:03 p.m.

How much did it end up being? Link please? TIA!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
11/23/20 2:34 p.m.
gunner (Forum Supporter)
11/23/20 2:46 p.m.

In reply to JAdams :

It ended up being about 1375 tax included with the jacks, wall hangers and truck/suv adapter kit plus a 4 ft long 12 outlet power strip. looking now you could still get all that for about 1500?

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/23/20 3:11 p.m.

Wall hangers??? Thats interesting. 

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
11/23/20 3:20 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks. I found that but I thought maybe you found it cheaper. That appears to be only $50 cheaper than what the price at Costco always is. I'm holding out for a bit cheaper if I can.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
11/23/20 4:52 p.m.

In reply to JAdams :

Sure. when I bought, the QJ itself was 1050 at home depot. . I just got lucky, I was prepared to pay full retail before I found that thread. Edit: Also it totally points out the BS that is black friday, and that was part of the fun of pointing out that the cost was higher now during the actual black friday sale than when I bought.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mp9bwDrGxywO1QLHRqdvibIp6T7HaFVC01qPld4IVeBwbQLwJhZ73MWy7jn23qXy