1 2 3 4
Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/20/09 12:33 p.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: My girlfriends clutch gave upon her Saturn. I swooped in and took ownership of the car in exchange for replacing the end-links on her moms Acccord. I bought a car for $50.

Pics of girlfriend or it didn't happen.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
10/20/09 6:17 p.m.
Woody wrote:
CarKid1989 wrote: My girlfriends clutch gave upon her Saturn. I swooped in and took ownership of the car in exchange for replacing the end-links on her moms Acccord. I bought a car for $50.

Funny you mention that....she broke up with me recently.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
10/20/09 10:56 p.m.

Warm air intake and big ole front air dam coming up this weekend i hope.

I think the air dam would work no?

Spinout007
Spinout007 Reader
10/21/09 7:44 p.m.
Woody wrote:

Woody your just pissed you missed the last set of pics that got removed from the site by Per!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Reader
10/22/09 8:42 a.m.

Funny you mention that....she broke up with me recently.

It's been going around, lost mine too. Let us know how the airdam works out. You're getting great numbers out of that thing!

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
11/20/09 3:30 p.m.

well i scratched the air dam and warm air intake for now...too busy and broke.

On a brighter note i have been getting about 38-39MPG every tank. My driving is not crazy hypermiler mode just slow and a bit thought out.

I cant complain. I hope the car lasts its not all that bad

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
9/29/10 10:41 p.m.

ell the Saturn got quite a work out since monday. Trip to Cinci, Dayton, Home and Girard Ohio. The Jellybean covered over 1200 miles. 17 hours spent driving. APX 70.5 MPH average. 35.25 AVG mpg. top speed of 107 mph. no tickets, no accidents. no problems.

Not bad for a 11 year old,222,171 mile car.

Still a DD and still love it.

Just chasing what appears to be a slight miss at idle.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/30/10 6:02 a.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: Warm air intake and big ole front air dam coming up this weekend i hope.

Isn't cold air desirable? I'm confused.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
9/30/10 7:24 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
CarKid1989 wrote: Warm air intake and big ole front air dam coming up this weekend i hope.
Isn't cold air desirable? I'm confused.

Cold air for power. Warm air for gas mileage.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
1/16/11 9:40 p.m.

i am still driving the jelly bean. I have put over 26,000 miles on it.

Well it looks like ill be keeping it for a bit unless it sells, so here is where im at:

i wanna make it into something cool or something cool looking for the remainder of the cars life/ my ownership. Nothing super tacky or stupid but something fun or personal.

I dunno. Any ideas?

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
1/16/11 9:49 p.m.

turbo? lifted with bfg all terrains?

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
1/17/11 10:18 a.m.

A +1 upgrade using some sort of alloy wheels would be nicer looking, like a factory wheel off something else, I don't know what fits but that's one thing I'd consider. Maybe a front seat swap as well? The ones shown in your pictures looked okay but over 200k miles makes me think you could do something there.

Not knowing your budget makes this hard, it being a Saturn makes this harder.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
1/17/11 11:23 a.m.

Saturn apocalypse vehicle

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
1/17/11 1:02 p.m.

that is REALLY cool

mtn
mtn SuperDork
1/17/11 5:23 p.m.

My friend has one for sale that I could probably get for a couple benjamins, if not for free. I've been thinking about getting it as a winter beater, but the autotragic is probably going to take a E36 M3 soon and I have no spot to store the Miata.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
1/17/11 9:51 p.m.

im thinkin a rally wanna be look. throw some lights on it in front and make some mudflaps? i dunno yet.

or just throw some rims on it and call it a day. it appears hone wheels fit.

off to pull a part i suppose

procker
procker Reader
1/17/11 10:21 p.m.

How about mixing and matching the body panels from other Saturns, a la the VW Harlequin Golfs?

...although i'm sure that it wouldn't look all that good...nm haha

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
1/18/11 2:34 a.m.

There have been past Saturn Rally efforts.
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Motorsports/rallyvue.shtml
It should bring you much pride to know that their main sponsor was APC.
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/196/title/2002-rally-sc2/cat/561

minimac
minimac SuperDork
1/18/11 5:53 a.m.

After having had a sl 1 with over 250k miles (before getting totaled), I'd say the first thing would be new front seats.The seats in that thing almost broke my back. I'd go for the "hyper miler" look- small outside mirror, skirts, airdam, full belly pan, tall skinny tires w/ full moons, etc.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
1/18/11 6:28 a.m.

I second the hyper miler/ salt flats look. Keep the body gaps taped up, flexible front dam, shave unneeded door handles. Moons will be cool, just watch out that it doesn't end up looking like a PT Cruiser fresh from Autozone.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
1/17/12 10:38 p.m.

247,500 miles and still going.

Added a stereo to it. At the time i put it in (a while ago now) i could not find a trim piece for around the new head unit. Now i found one. Ill try to snag one. Also added american bass rear speakers. Sounds much better then stock

Pics make the car look dirty but i assure you its quite clean.

Also added driving/fog lights to it. Helps a TON at night. I also drive a lot on longer trips and it helps see easier.

Still a hoot to drive in that way underpowered and non sporty kinda way.

Been averaging 37.5 MPG. Mixed driving. Not trying for good mileage just driving.

chaparral
chaparral Reader
1/17/12 11:54 p.m.

They make remarkably good LeMons cars.

mr2peak
mr2peak Reader
1/18/12 4:28 a.m.

In reply to procker:

There's a mk1 MR2 painted like that floating around Cali, belongs to a custom painter. Same with the Golf?

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
1/18/12 8:58 a.m.
CarKid1989 wrote:
Keith wrote: Carkid, I like the way you think. I finished school without having to borrow money, and it's a wonderful thing.
Im just trying to set myself up so i can start out of school and into my career without 50K college debt like my friends...community college for me--which ironically has many of the same teachers as our local "good" schools. (John Carrol, CSU, Kent) Weird. GRM price. But great quality education.

I know we are headed off topic, but I will speak from your future and tell you that the more you stay away from debt at your stage, the better life gets as you get older; everything just gets easier and less stressful once you get to the mortgage free no CC debt stages of life.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
1/18/12 9:10 a.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: im thinkin a rally wanna be look. throw some lights on it in front and make some mudflaps? i dunno yet. or just throw some rims on it and call it a day. it appears hone wheels fit.

Save your money so you can branch out of the $500 motorcycle bracket.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mqv8YZIgzLurkSFoEoGag4oqRD0WqvwFDNlrQl9xESfkTFk3m0jMzsQBI4pa4bBh