2 3 4 5
yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
1/27/19 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Me too. Burn the rubber off these big ole 20's.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/27/19 9:24 p.m.
yupididit said:

Worked on the s600 today for minimal amount of time. Got it to do its strongest start yet. Almost  crying

Still trying to get it to run with minimum $. Haven't bought fuel pumps or relays yet. Because I'm cheap and I only have $2,000 left on the budget lmao

Also, representing for GRM

I think that shirt is a misprint. It's all backwards, n'E36 M3. laugh

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/28/19 8:49 a.m.

inverted parallel universe.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/28/19 8:52 a.m.

Side question:

Whatever happened to the miata i relayed parts to you for?

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
1/28/19 8:59 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Side question:

Whatever happened to the miata i relayed parts to you for?

Had a local guy with a miata of the same rare color (evolution orange) that got rear-ended. He happen to be driving by my house one day and saw it in the garage and he made me an offer. A very good offer, so I sold it lol. He transferred all his parts to my car and is happy. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/28/19 9:06 a.m.
yupididit said:

That looks like a car that I would love to detail.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
1/28/19 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Let me know when you're in San Antonio! 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/28/19 11:07 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

We can probably make that happen. 

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
2/3/19 3:48 a.m.

You check out the wiring harness yet? Hopefully it's in good shape. Awesome score.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
2/3/19 12:45 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan said:

You check out the wiring harness yet? Hopefully it's in good shape. Awesome score.

I looked at the injector portion of the harness, looked newer than it should be. But, I'm going to test fuel pressure and the ignition. I haven't been able to work on the car since my last update. 

In other news:  I got a line on a very cheap 93 S600 roller that's even cleaner than this one. And a low mileage 99 s600 engine, trans, harness/ecu; I just have to get it from NY to TX. 

This E36 M3 is escalating too fast cool

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/3/19 3:23 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Hahaha that’s what happens.  One v12 turns into two and on and on.  I bought my first Benz probably 5 years ago and have 10 or so now.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/19/19 1:54 a.m.

A few updates:

I got the soft close doors to work. It was a matter of making sure the lines from the vacuum pump were connected. Cost me nothing

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/19/19 2:03 a.m.

I was waiting to buy fuel pumps but then I decided to give a set of Ebay pumps a try. They're basically OEM units that are rebuilt or something  A whole $52 later and she runs! I'm most happy about not paying $200 for a set of pumps. 

So far I'm in $52.50

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/19/19 6:59 a.m.

That’s awesome!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/19/19 7:03 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

A project car can’t be called “running” until it is photographed at a gas station.  Well done!!!

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/19/19 7:26 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to yupididit :

A project car can’t be called “running” until it is photographed at a gas station.  Well done!!!

It's a GRM Tradition 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/19/19 9:23 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Are you sure it's running. Sounds like just an electric motor whine. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
3/19/19 9:26 a.m.

So many V12 posts as of late is making me want one myself.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/19/19 9:27 a.m.

WOW. $52 all in and it runs, awesome. I'd love to drive one of these some day. Looking good.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/19/19 9:31 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to yupididit :

Are you sure it's running. Sounds like just an electric motor whine. 

It's so smooth. You should hear it past 4000 rpm lol. It's def not running at full power though. I believe the ASR light is why but I still got it up to 60mph, kinda sketch on those wheels and tires. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/19/19 8:31 p.m.

Oh she's running a lil stronger today blush

I found some vacuum leaks or should I say completely missing vac lines between some emission parts, intake manifolds, and throttle bodies. I did what I can with some lines I had laying around but I'll need to find a diagram and the actual parts, they're odd sizes.

Once I get them sorted I'll do a tuneup. Anyone know where a brother can get plug wires made? Im not paying $500+ to buy new ones! 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/19/19 8:39 p.m.

Glad you got it running. 

Sent you a PM btw.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
3/19/19 9:06 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Taylor Wire make them yourself plug wire kits from Summit. Also some FLAPS have a lesser version.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/19/19 9:39 p.m.

I buy bulk 8mm plug wire and reuse ends and boots when they’re still good.  Carefully pry the ends off the wire and crimp onto the new wire, little electrical lube helps the boots come off and go on without damaging them.  

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
6/25/19 4:01 p.m.

Update:

I'm currently looking for stock intake manifolds for the v12 so I can cut some of it up to fit mustang throttle bodies on them. Then I'm going to megasquirt the thing. Because I'm going through this divorce I wont make it to this years challenge but it gives me more time to be creative with this build and hopefully still make it to 2020 under $2000. I'm still less than $60 in the car. 

If yall know of some m120 intake manifolds for sale let me know. Mustang throttle bodies as well. 

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
meY8WZYp6892GYjZjDK1fRTi6cEs5hR9U4jfSMo3aEqdBQKlSZ8UVNaWnragUO6v