barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/27/20 7:39 p.m.

So a friend of my dads decided he wanted to start making paper-crete and the best way to do that was to build his own mixing rig. I don't know how long the build took or how much he spent, but he made this:

It used to be a 1977 Ramcharger 4x4 440. The cool part was the transfer case has a pto which was used to drive two big paddles in the tub. Long store short, he gave up on paper Crete. So then my dad and another guy are both inquiring about the truck and the dude says "Each of you take what you want, free, just get the thing out of my yard."

other guy wants the t-case, pto, and tub assembly, and dad wants the rear end and the 440. So yours truly gets to tear the thing apart for an hourly wage. 

No real point to this, but I thought it was very GRM and some of you might be interested. Also we'll be parting out some stuff if anyone wants some rust free dodge panels (the hood in particular is VERY nice). 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
3/27/20 9:20 p.m.

Whoa! Definitely interested in the speedometer and front bumper brackets and bumperettes if they are available. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
3/27/20 9:53 p.m.

Looks like the start of a kick ass hot tub.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/20 10:06 p.m.

440 big block Mopar hot tub is best hot tub.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
3/27/20 10:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

440 big block Mopar hot tub is best hot tub.

We did a redneck hot tub in my friend's short bed D100 with a 440 once. Can confirm. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/27/20 10:43 p.m.

Too bad someone permanently installed a big steel mixer in this tub. I suppose we could source a new tub but then it wouldn't be a free truck anymore. 

I should mention that it runs too. Free running 440. I just paid $150 for some small block heads. I might have been ripped off. 

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy UltraDork
3/28/20 1:03 p.m.

Crap you're in UT. I'd love to have that grille.

ZOO
ZOO UltraDork
3/28/20 2:11 p.m.

WTF is paper-crete?  

wspohn
wspohn Dork
3/28/20 2:57 p.m.
Stampie said:

Looks like the start of a kick ass hot tub.

I prefer to be shaken, not stirred.....cheeky

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
3/29/20 10:39 a.m.
ZOO said:

WTF is paper-crete?  

My exact thought as well

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/29/20 11:48 a.m.
pilotbraden said:
ZOO said:

WTF is paper-crete?  

My exact thought as well

Some hippy-dippy alternative construction material. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papercrete

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JpQWVTbqiQxqXJCGyGCEAugLgAEGjVb3TdaO3q4hgOsT7HLmk41NoRanKADBn4vJ