Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/5/22 9:46 p.m.

You should come with me when I fill my Ram 2500 diesel!

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
3/6/22 2:19 a.m.

I topped off my Passat TDI yesterday because a gas station had diesel at least 50 cents cheaper than any other local station.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/6/22 8:32 a.m.
Loweguy5 said:

You should come with me when I fill my Ram 2500 diesel!

Yeah but you get massively better economy with a Diesel, so everyone says. devil

I'm shrugging.   Fuel was a lot more expensive in dollars in 2007-2008, and inflation means that, when figured against how many hours I have to work to pay for a gallon of fuel, it was 3-4x more expensive back then as it is now.  And somehow we survived.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/6/22 11:16 a.m.

Yeah, the Citgo on 25 jumped from 3.69 when I filled up on Thursday to 4.09 today (all regular).

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/6/22 6:13 p.m.

I knew it was going to be expensive because I was pretty close to empty, but I wasn't really paying much attention until I felt the pump slowing down. I didn't hear fuel coming back up the pipe, so I knew I wasn't full yet. The pump shut off automatically at $75.00.

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
3/6/22 6:59 p.m.

Expensive fill-ups don't faze you after you've filled an entire F350 diesel 38-gallon tank. 

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/7/22 6:48 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I did a 3000 mile round trip with my family of 4 and probably 500 lbs of gear in the bed.   We averaged 21 mpg which is insanely good for a 5500+ lb truck.  If it were a gas truck it would have gotten 14-15.

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
3/7/22 11:35 a.m.

I realized I should have gotten more fuel oil when it was about $1 cheaper, but who knew Russia/Ukraine.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/28/22 2:48 p.m.

Violet decided that she wants to be one of those dogs who rides around in a Jeep...

So... after three years of faithful, daily service, the V70R will be looking for a new home.

More details soon.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/28/22 5:49 p.m.

Congratulations!! I love the color. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/28/22 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Congrats on the Jeep! Unfortunately I will not be interested in the V70R after watching the horror show that Elliot Alvis is going through...

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/28/22 6:16 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I'm first in line anyway and just down the road too haha.

Perhaps Tilly will have a new wagon to ride in soon...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/28/22 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

With the 1998 model year, you avoid many of the troublesome issues of the later cars.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/28/22 6:57 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm shrugging.   Fuel was a lot more expensive in dollars in 2007-2008, and inflation means that, when figured against how many hours I have to work to pay for a gallon of fuel, it was 3-4x more expensive back then as it is now.  And somehow we survived.

You, obviously, are in several tax brackets higher than me...  or lived in an area with much stupider fuel prices back then. 

russde
russde Reader
3/28/22 7:04 p.m.

Been subscribed for a long time....now still here for price....?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/28/22 7:15 p.m.
russde said:

Been subscribed for a long time....now still here for price....?

This all came about rather quickly, and I feel as if I need to speak to someone before I just throw a number out there.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/28/22 8:31 p.m.

This reminds me of an episode of Pawn Stars...where they call in an expert.

Send me the details on the car when you can, I'll bet we can land at a number fair to all involved.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/28/22 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Loweguy5 :

You have mail. 

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/28/22 8:57 p.m.

I have replied to said mail sir.  Thank you.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/28/22 9:08 p.m.

They had another used Jeep there today, but it would have been Violet Overload. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/30/22 7:13 p.m.

Anybody else going to the FCP Euro Sunday Motoring Meet at Lime Rock Park this Sunday morning?

https://www.facebook.com/events/2048965678619752/?ref=newsfeed

SUNDAY AT 9 AM – 1 PM

FCP Euro Sunday Motoring Meet at Lime Rock Park - Featured Marques: Volvo & Saab

Public  · Anyone on or off Facebook

Introducing: The FCP Euro Sunday Motoring Meet series at Lime Rock Park! This 7-event series takes our original cars and coffee concept and dials it up for 2022. Over the years, our Cars & Coffee events evolved from a small meet with only about 25 cars, into must-attend events that saw over 700 vehicles packed into our small lot. Thanks to our partnership with Lime Rock Park we now have access to a world-class facility with nearly unlimited space. But these are about more than just cars and coffee - it's about enjoying the drive to hang out at one of America's most beautiful and historic racetracks.

The format of the Sunday Motoring Meets is as follows:

First, just like our Cars and Coffee events, they are free of charge for everyone - no gate fee, no tickets, no nothing. 

Second, they're also for all automotive enthusiasts - any make, any model, it doesn't have to be European. This is about bringing together automotive enthusiasts of all kinds, not just Euro car owners.

Third, each edition of the Sunday Motoring Meets will have a 'featured marque' that gets to line up on the famous Sam Posey Straight. All other brands will be just across the pit lane in the main paddock. Lime Rock concessions will be open, or you can BYOC.

We're going to kick things off with a bit of a Swedish theme - Volvos and Saabs are going to be the featured marques for this first-ever FCP Euro Sunday Motoring Meet at Lime Rock Park. 

We highly encourage all attendees to pre-register, especially if you are in the featured marque! The featured cars will be arranged by model/generation as best we are able based on pre-registration, space, and arrival time. Tap the ticket link to register for free!

Check out FCP Euro's full 2022 event schedule at events.fcpeuro.com

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/30/22 8:03 p.m.
03Panther said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

You, obviously, are in several tax brackets higher than me...  or lived in an area with much stupider fuel prices back then. 

It was $4.50 or so a gallon and I was making eight bucks an hour, driving a very nice Golf that I got for $700.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/30/22 8:14 p.m.

Funny I meant to mention this when I saw you today.

I am a firm "maybe".  Now that I'm moderately functional after back surgery we are prepping our old house for sale as it goes live on the market in another week.  If our efforts go well Saturday I may run up there Sunday am.

If not the BMW version of this show is in May which I most certainly plan to attend.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/30/22 10:05 p.m.

Congrats on the Jeep!

Not that Woody is going to need help with selling the V70R, but I've had eyes on this car on several occasions, and it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures. I'll be jealous of whoever picks this one up!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/31/22 8:49 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5yqaZ2KszqxRjtTUNThsSCDZJecs4ZhUtrQpXUkwoLen5bLOPIIplCIhwx50XY1T