Woody MegaDork
11/27/19 12:08 p.m.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/27/19 1:47 p.m.

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
11/27/19 2:07 p.m.

Speaking from experience, grease pencil/tire marker lines on the column for you various vehicles is a very good idea. 

Also, the columns are a great place to put up all your Rock Auto magnets. 

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
11/27/19 2:10 p.m.

You have bridge jacks coming as well?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/27/19 2:37 p.m.

Not a bridge jack just yet, but I’m getting the rolling jack trolly from Advantage, which is both much nicer and cheaper than the Bend Pack jack plate. 

vs...

codrus
codrus UberDork
11/27/19 11:39 p.m.

FWIW, I found the yellow bent-plate steel wheel chocks weren't very reliable and picked up a couple pairs of the big rubber ones at HF instead.

Out of curiousity, why did you decide to put the motor on the column in the center of the garage door?  Mine is on the opposite corner, because it was much easier to route air & power to it there.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/28/19 6:17 a.m.
codrus said:

Out of curiousity, why did you decide to put the motor on the column in the center of the garage door?  Mine is on the opposite corner, because it was much easier to route air & power to it there.

There were several weeks of internal conflict and mental debate regarding pump placement.

I could have chosen to mount the pump on the front corner near the wall, or at the passenger side rear as I chose to do.

The two runways are different. One is the "Power Side" (near the pump), and the other is the "Slave Side" (no hydraulics or cables underneath). This lift is adjustable for width, but that adjustment happens on the slave side. My thought was that if I adjust it to be used in the narrow configuration, putting the slave side near the wall gives me more space to work.

Also, the pump needs to be mounted on the inside of the columns. If I had been able to mount it on the outside, I would have chosen to put it on the front corner. But if it was mounted on the inside front corner, lowering the lift would require a reach-around. That didn't seem ideal to me.

And finally, I may mount an air tank on the wall for the lock release system, and I have a better spot for that near the garage door.

Regardless, I bought the caster kid, so if I decide that I don't like it, I can put the casters on and spin the whole thing around in just a few minutes.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/28/19 6:18 a.m.
codrus said:

FWIW, I found the yellow bent-plate steel wheel chocks weren't very reliable and picked up a couple pairs of the big rubber ones at HF instead.

I already have a bunch of big rubber chocks from Chocks.com.

https://www.chocks.com/list/rubber

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/13/19 10:33 a.m.

The rolling jack trolley that I ordered from Advantage Lift has arrived and it looks like it was a great choice. It works just fine with the Bendpack rails. This thing is substantially heavier than it looks and is very nicely made. 

Raze
Raze UltraDork
12/13/19 11:59 a.m.

I just stopped by to admire Woody's undercarriage cheeky

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N63O0ZPLsN7wcsHuBQfaqHC5HKcwDwLVDZkfMwC8n33U3v73QPX87olBoDyoDyiF