1 2
minimac
minimac Dork
9/6/08 9:34 a.m.
John Brown wrote: Mine told me my belly was to big and I grabbed the unbiased mirror and showed her that big pregnant belly... I never knew the couch was so comfy.

Mrs. Mini:" Honey, does this dress make my butt look big"

Minimac: "No dear, it's big all by itself".

The garage hasn't been too bad, but winter is coming.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/6/08 10:29 a.m.
Woodyhfd wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PuH_9JahQ&feature=related
Wow, that's a bigass parking lot.

And a seriously quick car. I may have to ditch my A Mod plans...

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod None
9/6/08 5:39 p.m.

These things are a blast. F1 sounds, Can Am looks and near shifter cart reflexes. Had mine for almost three years and have had a blast developing it and running Solo with it. There will be 12 sports racers at Nationals this year. Stop by and see us.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/7/08 10:34 a.m.

I will certainly do so or at least stop by your paddock areas on Wednesday so we're not disturbing you when you're busy.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
9/15/08 7:23 a.m.

I found a DSR/BMod car for sale at a reasonable price here in FL. I'm going to go look at it after returning from Topeka to see what my money will buy for that kinda change.

Per (on Tom's laptop)

Per Schroeder
9/22/08 3:48 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/staff/Per/my-dads-car/

I hope the deal goes through.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/22/08 3:50 p.m.

Well that's just cool!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
9/22/08 4:14 p.m.

yeah, that's pretty cool alright.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/22/08 4:29 p.m.

Awesome!

If that falls through, there's a local guy that has one. He bought it from another local, multi-time national champion Tom Bootz, a few years ago and might be able to be talked out of it. Here it is in action.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
9/22/08 6:41 p.m.

Nice!!

Looks like those test-drives in the Berzerkley got you hooked, huh?

petegossett
petegossett Dork
9/22/08 7:52 p.m.

16vCorey - I saw him run that car at the Rantoul, IL divisional last year. He took FTD, IIRC. Blazingly fast & sounded awesome!

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod New Reader
9/26/08 10:19 a.m.

That is actually Bob Sontag's car. He was gridded next to me at Nationals this year and I think he finished 9th. That is not a motorcycle powered car, he runs a Mazda rotary through a Hewland gearbox.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/26/08 12:34 p.m.

Finding your dad's old car- now that's just plain cool! Did the deal go through? What kind of engine is in it?

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod New Reader
9/26/08 2:27 p.m.

Some pics of the B Mod grid at Nationals. Winning car was the yellow/orange Dragon of Tommy Saunders.

tyrannosullyrex
tyrannosullyrex New Reader
9/26/08 2:54 p.m.
Woodyhfd wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PuH_9JahQ&feature=related
Wow, that's a bigass parking lot.

Yeah, we do alright, too bad it's full of Centerpoint Energy and FEMA trucks at the moment. We had to scramble to find an alternative for next weekend's autox.

The guys (father and son) driving that LeGrand just got it recently, still in the learning phase, but doing well.

--- in Houston, still with no power.

Per Schroeder
10/7/08 2:01 p.m.

transport order has been placed. the waiting begins!

Per

96DXCivic
96DXCivic New Reader
10/7/08 2:07 p.m.

I am on a Formula SAE team right now and I can't help but think how cool a FSAE car would be without the 20mm restrictor. The only thing is you want to be careful about buying one because they are built by students.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
10/9/08 10:35 a.m.

I bet your next sexual experience is in a Mk18 LeGrand. Wait, no backseat. Nevermind.

PeteWW
PeteWW New Reader
10/9/08 12:12 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I bet your next sexual experience is in a Mk18 LeGrand. Wait, no backseat. Nevermind.

...unless Per's like this guy: http://tinyurl.com/35tshn

stl1psu
stl1psu None
10/21/08 6:44 a.m.
Gearhead_42 wrote: As of last fall he was driving some kind of F-Mod monstrosity... not sure what he's doing this year.

Vern is still running FMOD. I talked with him briefly @ nationals. He's living in Tennessee now.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
10/21/08 9:21 a.m.
Gonzo_Bmod wrote: That is actually Bob Sontag's car. He was gridded next to me at Nationals this year and I think he finished 9th. That is not a motorcycle powered car, he runs a Mazda rotary through a Hewland gearbox.

Yep, he bought it from Tom Bootz. I watched over Bob's house when we went on vacation, so I could sit in it in his garage and make VROOOM sounds. Actually I just mowed his lawn, but I could have done that if I wanted to.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ozlSqtXWN003pg249uBrfkj4DOXLUUjR03gQuXYr1I6GNEllkFcZDD0QzLvPeXct