1 2 3
Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
2/22/18 8:40 a.m.

Yeah some guys who are doing track days with them are setting down the preload and using limiter straps to help with the CoG and bodyroll

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
2/22/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

Wow that's really cool. I didn't know people were running them at track days. Im saving my money ATM to snag a Pro-Challenge car as a track day beater. I would love to see a side by side on track. I'd be even more interested to drive one. 

Pro-Challenge cars are built for the road and run sport bike engines. I just gotta find one and snag it!

1200cc engine yes please....

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
2/22/18 1:24 p.m.
B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
2/23/18 8:55 a.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

Oh yeah. That is really cool. Im gonna send this over to the management at our track. Maybe we can get that going down here. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
2/25/18 2:10 p.m.

Saturday was incredible. We had the best mix of cars I have seen in a long time. 

Today I Instrusted in: Stingray Corvette, Automatic butt-terible Fiat 500, and (one of my favorite cars to drive right now) Fiesta ST

The Butt-Terible 500, really cool story about this. More on that lady.

And the little Fiesta that could. 

Photo Dump of some of the amazing cars out there.

Thanks as always for following along. I hope each of you are enjoying the journey. Instruction write up coming soon. 

crewperson
crewperson Reader
2/25/18 2:37 p.m.

Enjoying this as I freeze to death in my garage

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
2/27/18 2:15 p.m.

In reply to crewperson :

Hang in there man! SPRING IS COMING LOL

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
4/16/18 8:58 p.m.

Hey Yall! Sorry I haven't Updated this thread in a while. Life has been crazy but I also have some cool car stuff in the works. Here is your monthly track day photo dump! 

YES YOU ARE SEEING THAT CORRECTLY... This thing was HUGE and handled welllll like a truck. But the owner had a total blast. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
4/16/18 9:10 p.m.

OH! I got to check a bucket list item off. 

A guy who came out to the track offered me the opportunity to drive his Formula Mazda. It was incredibly generous of him. 

My dad raced carts for many years back in the day. He later moved up to formula ford and then did a short stint in formula Atlantic. I have always wanted to drive a formula mazda. I have heard amazing things about them and to get the chance to drive one was just epic. The shift pattern took some getting used to but other than that the car was a true delight to drive. It took everything I gave it. I didn't drive it more than about 6/10ths and still managed to put down some seriously fast lap times. faster than i have run in both our GTR and Lambo. 

It was a great day. If you have never seen a Forumla Mazda note that im a very large person so i make it look like a child's toy.... I assure you it is anything but! 

My Infiniti G20 Track car is coming along. Oh.... And I just bought a miata? Idk how it happened it just did... so there is that. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Reader
4/16/18 9:46 p.m.

Thanks for the update. I'm going to be at one of the track days later in the year. 

aw614
aw614 New Reader
4/17/18 10:58 a.m.

Did the Eibach Honda event at the FIRM, my first time there, 2 hr or so drive from Tampa, but well wroth the trip. Found it to be a great inbetween from the usual autox and something like Sebring I hope to do more events there, my integra felt like it was already setup for stuff like this.

Had an off in one section, but nothing too crazy, just need to vacuum the interior. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
4/17/18 6:14 p.m.

In reply to aw614 :

That is awesome! Its a really great track! I hope to see you back soon. 

dj06482
dj06482 SuperDork
4/19/18 9:24 p.m.

Does the guy still own the red B14 that hit 150 MPH on the straight at Roebling in '09?  I was in the SCC SE-R that entered the straight at about 95 MPH when he blew by us...

I've driven an '03 Viper, ridden in a stroked, supercharged FFR roadster, and that was the single most impressive display of horsepower I've ever seen.

On the same track, the C6 rental Vette was hitting low 140s at the end of the straight, and he had a far higher entry speed onto the straight and better brakes at the end of it.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
5/16/18 10:13 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 :

I'm not sure. I know there is a black one that is getting it done like that. But im not sure about a red one

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
5/17/18 11:00 a.m.

these are great stories, keep 'em coming.  i love seeing the different perspective on all these cars and the stories of driver development and/or shenanigans as well!

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/17/18 11:43 a.m.

This is great! I really want to get out on a track this year. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
5/17/18 12:23 p.m.

I have been really busy with my real job lately and haven't worked out at the track in a while. BUT... There must be something in the water because people are bringing the oddest stuff to the track lately. 

Not the usual suspects that is for sure:

First up we have a Sling shot that has been converted from 3 wheels to 4... it had the little ecotech in it that I want to throw in my miata. It was cool. But not 20K cool. Body roll was the name of the game. 

Did I mention Body roll? Yeah.. I did.. 

I hope to have some time to wite some instructing content soon. I have a lot to update on that front. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
5/26/18 5:33 p.m.

Today was a good day. I got to instruct in a 550Hp Turbo s2000. Who knew you could spend 10k making a car better but actually make it much worse...

More on this and others in an upcoming post im working on. 

In the meantime. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

And yes that is a real deal 1970's Lola. 

This bad boy was MEAN... And faster than fast. The owner of this car also owns the Lola

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
5/27/18 3:09 p.m.

Here are just a few more. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/24/18 11:49 a.m.

Missed this update - so you can turn a Slingshot into a more expensive, uglier Exocet - who knew. Love the updates!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SsWgBhiTbpB242f3U6CilAUomA93crNg3gglbr5P9Ee2XJs8tNcBNGkBimBGjDTd