ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/27/22 6:17 p.m.

Continued shop cleaning; I'm offloading things for vehicles I no longer own and listing a bunch of little parts on eBay. This one is a mystery eluding me. It is an adjustable Toyota A/C idle up valve, and the valve looks like the same as AW11, but a different bracket.

I've owned an AW11, and multiple AE86s over the years, but never owned an A/C-equipped 4A-GE car, so not sure where it came from?? Looks to be 80's. Nippondenso 084600-5510…nothing comes up in Google for me. Any ideas?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
11/27/22 6:29 p.m.

Looks extremely similar to the AE86 valves shown on crooober, although the part number is one digit off- maybe slightly later, like a mk1b AW11 or an AE92?

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
11/27/22 6:30 p.m.

My '86 Celica had one of those but cant remember what it was for. 

AC idle up?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/27/22 6:44 p.m.

I want one.

11/27/22 8:02 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

How's $20 shipped sound?

11/27/22 9:31 p.m.

Thanks for the help! It is looking like it is AE86 GT-S.

In case any of you are interested: My eBay Listings

A lot of this stuff I'm just done with, but hope someone can use so I don't have to throw it out. Starting many items at $1. I'm going to keep adding items for a few days at least. Lots of moto parts, some Toyota stuff, some DIY EFI stuff. If you see something of interest, feel free to PM me here; I'm happy to help GRMers and clean up at the same time.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
11/27/22 9:39 p.m.

Damn... Pete beat me to it....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/27/22 9:53 p.m.

Oh, "want" does not mean "gonna get".

That valve would have been nice to have for the black RX-7 so I could have an adjustable idle-up for the fans.  I don't see myself driving that car much, if at all, with its current engine/fans/alternator combo so I don't really need it.

Something like that MIGHT be useful for the Mini, but then again maybe not.

12/4/22 10:52 p.m.

A few more. As someone who has owned both AE86 and MR2, as well as purchased several lots of 4A parts over the past 25 years, the main things I am trying to determine are longitudinal or transverse, singlecam or twincam, and any special considerations (i.e. fits car with power steering and no A/C, but won't fit car with both P/S and A/C.) Any help appreciated. Totally reasonable to call dibs if you see something of use:

Bracket/tensioner #1:

Bracket #2:

Motor mount #3:

My feeble memory thinks the first one is a twincam longitudinal AE86 A/C compressor bracket, the second one is a twincam power steering pump bracket, orientation unknown, and the third is a transverse motor mount, but I welcome any confirmation or corrections, thanks!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
12/5/22 10:14 a.m.

I can tell you that part #3 doesn't look like any mount from an AE92 or AW11, those use circular puck-style mounts (and the AE92 has a rectangular center mount but it's a completely different shape). The design of it suggests it's for a longitudinal setup as well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RGeWjxl6zbn5Z6By3KSoE4gNBzVUFYOozAtpfGSRbIlnDN6pNIXvKV0z2xj5VkvB