Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/10/20 6:33 a.m.

I found an OEM spoiler on craigslist for $50, thought it would look good on mine with the black accents.  But I see the underside mounting points are different, I'd have to move this one half way up the trunk.  Were there different models for different years?  Mine's a 90, I think the seller's was a 97.

calteg
calteg Dork
9/10/20 8:56 a.m.

My R-package spoiler was attached to the very end of the decklid...not sure what method the factory used (epoxy) but it held firm for 25 years.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/10/20 10:49 a.m.

I was hoping this thread would be about this car, but that's more than one wing.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/10/20 11:00 a.m.

That looks suspiciously like the wing that was on the Canadian black and red 1993 models. American cars got a spoiler like the R package ones. There were no other factory wings in North America as far as I know.

If that's what it is, you made out like a bandit. Flip it. The Rare and Vintage Miata group on FB will eat that up.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/10/20 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I don't think it is.  I see a middle support, this is only two supports on either end.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/10/20 11:47 a.m.

Then I don't think it's factory. It may have been sold as an aftermarket accessory under the "mazdaspeed" brand, but I don't believe any car left the factory with one installed. So it's pretty unlikely you'll find the holes line up with a factory R spoiler.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/12/20 11:55 a.m.

Forgot I did a screenshot to save for a possible GRM build book.  I'd take your word over his about "OEM".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zz22fVdpioqK9k4a7D0Ni4s1mRW8tLcfxpDWWxqEVm6zPvhhKDzoe0ETeKVM5Z1J