David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/21 1:15 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Can never go wrong with an ITR. 

Don Fip
Don Fip New Reader
11/29/21 1:48 p.m.

It feels like I overpaid for my Civic Type R over the summer, but with the way prices keep climbing maybe it was a good deal???

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/29/21 3:48 p.m.

Ferrari. 288. GTO. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/29/21 4:20 p.m.
Don Fip said:

It feels like I overpaid for my Civic Type R over the summer, but with the way prices keep climbing maybe it was a good deal???

Carmax has a lot of them in the $45,000 range.   

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/29/21 5:30 p.m.

For me, it's two cars and are totally about nostalgia/memories. One I'd never have a chance to buy and one that would be hard to find (but possible and maybe some day).

1) My 2003 MINI. Sold it to fund my son's kart racing.  Purchased new and spec'd exactly how I wanted it, BRG, non-S, vinyl sport seats, sport suspension plus and cruise.  Intended on keeping it a long time and giving it to my son when he turned 16.  Saw it pop up for sale a number of years ago, but didn't have the funds.  Saw it again at copart after some serious damage.  I cried a little that day.

2) A 1994 Suzuki Swift GT. My first new car and my first car I bought with my own money.  Sold it after getting married when we kinda needed a truck for the newly acquired house repairs that were needed.  They were uncommon then and even more so now.  If I had the funds and found one in decent shape, I'm sure I'd buy it.

-Rob

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
11/29/21 5:43 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

2) A 1994 Suzuki Swift GT. My first new car and my first car I bought with my own money.  Sold it after getting married when we kinda needed a truck for the newly acquired house repairs that were needed.  They were uncommon then and even more so now.  If I had the funds and found one in decent shape, I'm sure I'd buy it.

-Rob

Join one of the FB pages. They do come up from time to time

I had a riot with mine, but I'm done with that

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
11/29/21 8:01 p.m.

I already did. Paid sticker. Plus the worthless warranty.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/29/21 11:03 p.m.

'67 Olds 442, this one's a W-30

1973 Oldsmobile 442.  _Must_ be a 4 speed.  V code 455 would be nice.

I already own some of my dream cars, the pace car, the Impala, and even the crappy 1990 Civic Si that's turned into my daily driver again.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/30/21 7:09 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

I don't know what we are defining as over-paying, but I would consider paying MSRP on either of these, if they existed:

A 4-door Veloster N

A 4-door Veloster Rspec with a Torsen

It is not a defined number.  Each person has there own number/dollar amount. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/30/21 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Carmax also has a fair number of C8 Vettes - and the cheapest one is $90K. Most are over $100K.  I'm not sure of the customer Carmax is aiming for, but I don't think it's any of the GRM-forum crowd. 

The used vehicle market is just crazy right now. While there are collectable cars I can see over-paying for, basic used cars I can not. Especially ones still being sold new. I suppose then it's a case of willingness to pay more vs. patience.  Right now, I have more of the latter than the former.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
11/30/21 9:14 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

There are a couple:

Beck Spyder

My uncles will be for sale soon. He bought it just before passing away from cancer, as an "I'm going to make it" purchase. Sadly he never got to drive it before passing.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/30/21 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I missed one for $1000 a few years ago

If I was 5 min faster.....

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
12/1/21 5:15 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

Best I can do...

I have not made it through this entire thread, yet, has anyone said they would over pay market price to have their own projects be finished? I would totally do that.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/3/21 8:29 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

The First Generation Honda NSX | Gray Beard Council

Ohhh now that is very nice!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/3/21 8:33 a.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

My mom had a 78 wagon, white with red interior. My dad was in sales and it was his company car. They liked it so much they bought it when the lease was up. It was a very good car

For some reason I really liked the 4 headlight front end on the zephyr.  Somthing about the proportions they just got right. I also liked the small 45 deg angle at the nose from the hood to the grill. There were some little details on that year zephyr that made it really cool to me. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/3/21 8:35 a.m.

Here you go white walls and all except I would go back to the dog dish hub caps. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/3/21 4:58 p.m.

my buddy Jay's LT1 S10.  it's friggin' gorgeous.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/4/21 3:17 a.m.
matthewmcl said:
93EXCivic said:

I have not made it through this entire thread, yet, has anyone said they would over pay market price to have their own projects be finished? I would totally do that.

ALL of us WILL do that, intentional or not.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wn75Mvl3VjNwmUP1hEtnp4qt92JyU7gSwvSqsp44O0DpgyvDwqJYmy4ad2HmGbF5