ducks

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
4/4/11 7:34 p.m.

Mine's prettier

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Reader
4/4/11 7:36 p.m.

+1 for K cars. We got our first one because it was cheap and practical; then my fiancée rolled it at highway speed and came away with a tiny scratch on her wrist. By the time we had two kids and transitioned to a minivan, we'd had three more. We never felt cool, but we felt safe.

And if I ever got another (presumably from Atlanta, since I think all the Canadian ones have returned to the earth) I'd know what to do with it, thanks to this bunch of enablers.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
4/4/11 7:45 p.m.

1980s Ford Rangers.....don't know why.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 New Reader
4/4/11 8:13 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Oh, and probably the car I like that makes the least sense: Every time I see an old Dippy, I just have to smile. Bet it would be a fun sleeper, or maybe find one with the police package.

Stole my thunder, I want an old police package car to drop a big block mopar stroker in.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 New Reader
4/4/11 8:24 p.m.

The plymouth cricket/Hillman Avenger

It begs for 2.4 RWD awesomeness.

First gen caravans, more specifically turbo ones.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/4/11 9:10 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: The plymouth cricket/Hillman Avenger It begs for 2.4 RWD awesomeness.

Yes I am not the only one who wants one.

mmosbey
mmosbey New Reader
4/4/11 9:30 p.m.
Vigo wrote:

Agreed. Particularly the ragtop. I have never cared for the 4-door.

mmosbey
mmosbey New Reader
4/4/11 9:33 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Full-size Bronco. It's an SUV, it's an automatic. But it's just fun to cruise around in.

They were available with a stick. The Bronco was also only offered in 4wd. (The Bronco ][ is not a Bronco.)

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
4/4/11 10:57 p.m.
Sultan wrote: 1980s Ford Rangers.....don't know why.

I know why.

Different body, but my '94 2.3 has 280K on it.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
4/5/11 5:22 a.m.

My LT1 Roadmaster. If I had a Caprice or Impala, I wouldn't need to explain it to anyone. I have to explain the Roadmaster all the time. I just adore it.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
4/5/11 5:54 a.m.

Anything Else is Just a Car!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
4/5/11 9:11 a.m.
Vigo wrote:
3000GT. Pig heavy
2wds arent that bad.

2WDs were FWD, and I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a turbos without AWD (unlike the Eclipse/Talon/Laser). Destroys any and all possible want of the lesser models.

mmosbey wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote: Full-size Bronco. It's an SUV, it's an automatic. But it's just fun to cruise around in.
They were available with a stick. The Bronco was also only offered in 4wd. (The Bronco ][ is not a Bronco.)

That should've read "MY full-size Bronco". I wouldn't want it with a stick. I actually can't stand full-size trucks with manual transmissions. For everything I want a truck to do, I prefer my torque be converted.

And while I know all FSBs are 4wd, it doesn't stop the guys at Kragenzone from asking EVERY SINGLE TIME, hahaha.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
4/5/11 10:41 a.m.
akamcfly wrote:

I knew the transit connect was awesome the first time I saw one. It takes the scion XB formula to the next step.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
4/5/11 12:48 p.m.
mmosbey wrote:

What's not to love!?!? I've run the gamut of 'interesting' experiences, none of which I really feel comfortable sharing here, in more a Toyota hell-van.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
4/5/11 4:17 p.m.

Volvo 780 . . .

• No hipo parts for the V6
  • Limited number = $$$$$ for hard parts (exterior and interior)
  • Custom pieces needed for the IRS for anything performance related
  • Slushbox only
  • No LSD
  • All the electrical and technology of 80s (power seats and windows = no workie in mine; gauge cluster sorta works)
  • Nivomat shocks are $$$

BUT, man is this car a mile muncher . . . It ate up the miles on the way back from Vero Beach. The seats are old and were treated like crap, but still surprisingly comfortable; nice supple ride on the stock suspension. To me, feels like calm, highway cruising E30; not total hoon mobile, but it can be when it needed

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 HalfDork
4/5/11 5:36 p.m.

One of these came up on craigslist a year or two ago. Still wish I could have gotten it.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/5/11 5:45 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: One of these came up on craigslist a year or two ago. Still wish I could have gotten it.

What is it?

PROPOSED THREAD RULE: Please post the year/make/model if it is not in the image name and the car is obscure/old. This is the second time I've had to ask "what kind of car is it?" I'm a whippersnapper so I have 0 familiarity with some of these cars.

/Stepping off lawn, you may put away the shotguns now, Gramps.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 HalfDork
4/5/11 6:32 p.m.
RexSeven wrote:
fast_eddie_72 wrote: (snippage. We don't really need to see it three posts in a row...) One of these came up on craigslist a year or two ago. Still wish I could have gotten it.
What is it?

Oh, it's a... what's that you say sonny?

RexSeven wrote: PROPOSED THREAD RULE: Please post the year/make/model if it is not in the image name and the car is obscure/old. This is the second time I've had to ask "what kind of car is it?" I'm a whippersnapper so I have 0 familiarity with some of these cars. /Stepping off lawn, you may put away the shotguns now, Gramps.

Gramps! Gramps is it?! Why, when I was a boy we had some respect for our elders! That's what we had. Why, I otter get a switch from that tree out yonder is what I otter do and learn you a little respect!

And I thought it would be QUITE clear that it was a Toyota Previa! I mean, come on, they're not that old! There's still a billion of them on the road! Oh, that car in the foreground? Damn, I don't know. What do I look like, a fossil?

It's a Mazda Cosmo. Mid 70s. Damn cool.

It's also classed in FSP like the Celica I bought. But it would probably be even more of a nightmare to try to build. Plus it would be a shame to abuse it like that. But I bet it would work really well.

FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
4/5/11 7:07 p.m.

+1 for the Damn Cool

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
4/5/11 7:28 p.m.

There, I admitted it.

Of course, I've been watching "Breaking Bad", so that's probably the source of my newfound interest.

Claff
Claff Reader
4/5/11 7:31 p.m.

Some years ago I was between 'real' jobs and hooked up with a limo company. I only took short routes so I got stuck with the older Cadillacs but always wanted to get my mits on the Corvette-engined '96 Fleetwood Brougham they recently added to their fleet.

Always liked the looks of the late 70s GM midsize coupes. The Monte Carlo has been done to death so I'd rather do some sort of resto-mod on a Cutlass or Grand Prix

assuming they haven't all been turned into street stocks by now

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 New Reader
4/5/11 7:31 p.m.

We just bought a Honda Element. I know I shouldn't like it, but it swallows cargo like mad and is fun to drive in a strange, top heavy way. Ugly but effective.

The Renault 5 Turbo is a car for which I have no reason for liking, but do.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD New Reader
4/5/11 7:32 p.m.
RexSeven wrote:
fast_eddie_72 wrote: One of these came up on craigslist a year or two ago. Still wish I could have gotten it.
What is it? PROPOSED THREAD RULE: Please post the year/make/model if it is not in the image name and the car is obscure/old. This is the second time I've had to ask "what kind of car is it?" I'm a whippersnapper so I have 0 familiarity with some of these cars. /Stepping off lawn, you may put away the shotguns now, Gramps.

Shame on you for naming yourself RexSeven and not knowing what an RX-5 / Cosmo is! Know your history!

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hKVtPOw9X5i0rxDUbZkkXG4qdIenaR5Nvvwg2BNnMa3L2r69Xkcx9pfAmjZaPvBJ