1 2
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/16/12 10:36 a.m.

Sorry if you're missing your May issue of GRM. With the advent of their digital version of Speed News, NASA has changed their membership benefits to no longer include GRM, so the last issue to NASA members was the April issue.

If you had a subscription before your NASA membership took effect, you may still have issues left to serve out on it. Give our circ people a call at 877-677-6878 to check your status. Either way, we have a sweet offer going for NASA folk who used to get us as part of their membership, so be sure to ask about that.

Margie

Keith
Keith MegaDork
4/16/12 10:44 a.m.

Good to know, I'll have to resort to stealing the copies from work now.

Marjorie Suddard
4/16/12 10:45 a.m.

We were kind of hoping we weren't going to lose all those folks entirely...

Woody
Woody UltimaDork
4/16/12 10:51 a.m.

Do you need me to start publicly bad-mouthing NASA?

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
4/16/12 10:57 a.m.

Oh, so that's why I'm missing May or maybe not - called - they said I'm good through May 2013 no need to renew.

Marjorie Suddard
4/16/12 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Of course not! Things change, and we understand that they do. In fact, NASA's still a big part of the scene, so no reason we won't keep their events in the editorial mix. And like I said, we're also offering a discounted sub to members to help make up for missing GRM.

Thanks, Margie

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/16/12 11:28 a.m.

Huh - so this being patient thing really isn't going to pay off for me then. I guess I'll have to leave time in my busy day to call you folks.

Was this split ammicable? I didn't see any announcement by NASA or GRM, although I must admit that I also wasn't aware they went electronic with their own news. I really should read some of those emails before I delete them.

getfast
getfast Reader
4/16/12 11:41 a.m.

NASA announced it five or six weeks ago on p3 of last month's Speed News http://www.speednewsmagazine.com/publication/?i=102955

Keith
Keith MegaDork
4/16/12 12:06 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: We were kind of hoping we weren't going to lose all those folks entirely...

In a house with two NASA members plus the copies we get at work, it was getting a bit out of control with copies of GRM. You're not going to lose us

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
4/16/12 1:07 p.m.

I've never been a NASA Member but still not Mag

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
4/16/12 4:57 p.m.

Well poop, I guess I will have to call one day and make sure I can continue getting GRM. I started my subscrition long before I joined NASA so I will still be getting it just have to pay for it again.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
4/16/12 7:01 p.m.

I had just started a 10 yr sub. before I joined NASA ... should still be in good shape for a while

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
4/17/12 8:54 p.m.

I am a NASA member mostly because of the GRM subscription being included. I just called and renewed with GRM but I may have to change club affiliations when my NASA membership runs out.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/18/12 11:41 a.m.

Wait, you get GRM at work?

dpspeed
dpspeed New Reader
4/19/12 10:13 a.m.

Keith works at Flyin' Miata

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/19/12 10:23 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: I am a NASA member mostly because of the GRM subscription being included. I just called and renewed with GRM but I may have to change club affiliations when my NASA membership runs out.

You need the NASA membership to auto-x, TT, race or do their HPDEs - the GRM membership was a sweet bonus but IDK if I'd be dropping them because they don't offer it anymore.

Adding GRM to my subscription list is what? A $20 problem? I'll drink that in IPA before the week is out. It provides me with atleast three peaceful bowel movements per issue so 24 good E36 M3s a year - seems like a bargain.

Keith
Keith MegaDork
4/19/12 10:25 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Wait, you get GRM at work?

Yeah, when you advertise in a magazine they usually give you a free copy or two It's probably less expensive to take out a subscription.

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
4/19/12 4:43 p.m.

I agree that I cannot be without my GRM, so subscription is renewed. I will probably have to pass on my distaste for not having it as part of my membership to my NASA people, but it certainly won't stop me from continuing my NASA affiliation. I just hope their new online mag gets better with time because it has some mighty big shoes to fill in my book.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
4/19/12 5:54 p.m.

I was a GRM sub long before being a Nasa member . Ones a tryout the others for life.

rob_z
rob_z New Reader
4/21/12 3:38 p.m.
getfast wrote: NASA announced it five or six weeks ago on p3 of last month's Speed News http://www.speednewsmagazine.com/publication/?i=102955

Link is broken.

getfast
getfast Reader
4/21/12 3:41 p.m.

http://www.snmagcurrent.com/publication/?i=102955 p2-3

or

http://www.nasaproracing.com/speednewsmagazine March 2012 issue 2, p2-3

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
4/24/12 12:46 p.m.

Well, errrr, silver lining maybe? Or perhaps I'm the only one?

I am NOT a NASA member (and at the moment not GRM either, just CM) but I found the NASA-specific content kind of boring. Sure, the magazine was thicker, but the inherent GRM coolness didn't grow proportionally with it.

I'd rip through the magazine but usually skip the driver profiles and race results.

BTW, all the above applies to SCCA-specific stuff too.

My 2 cents...

docwyte
docwyte Reader
4/25/12 9:04 a.m.

Glad I decided to click on this! I had no idea NASA cut ties, getting GRM with my membership was an awesome benefit.

Just got off the phone with GRM, re upped my subscription...

Marjorie Suddard
8/3/12 10:23 a.m.

Giving this topic a bump since we've had a ton of NASA people asking in recent weeks what happened to their subscriptions--don't think a lot of members were aware of the club's change in policy.

Remember, you can call 877-677-6878 to renew (ask for the NASA deal), or go online here to renew at the special price.

Thanks

Margie

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/3/12 4:20 p.m.
docwyte wrote: Glad I decided to click on this! I had no idea NASA cut ties, getting GRM with my membership was an awesome benefit. Just got off the phone with GRM, re upped my subscription...

Thank you!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rg9eQouIU5qPdNoinNBxasJUY7t0tD1s7v1FDjquhFqB8WXftVHRm0Gh1YCANS2E