1 2 3
Cooter
Cooter UberDork
2/21/21 3:00 p.m.

Road Courses ae the best thing to happen to NASCAR since moonshine.

Now, let's see them back on the dirt tracks.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
2/21/21 3:02 p.m.

Agree on both counts!

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
2/21/21 3:10 p.m.

Now, about this stage stuff.... did the revenuers chase the shiners for a bit then say, ok let's reset ? 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
2/21/21 3:12 p.m.

In reply to lrrs :

Don't harsh my buzz.  cheeky

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
2/21/21 3:14 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Just trying to make it even better. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
2/21/21 3:22 p.m.

Stages are a festering wound in my soul.   And I don't see them going away anytime soon.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/21/21 3:22 p.m.

If I remember they are going to do a dirt track this year. Indy maybe?  

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
2/21/21 3:24 p.m.

In reply to lrrs :

Just one more way to get even more advertising in.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/21/21 3:26 p.m.

I was wrong. Info here.  This is going to be great!!  

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
2/21/21 3:27 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Bristol

WillG80
WillG80 Reader
2/21/21 3:50 p.m.

I don't know anything about the rules or nascar in general, but the road course is entertaining to watch. Some good racing. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
2/21/21 3:52 p.m.

I always like watching the first lap of the road course when 20 cars are trying to take the inside lane at the same time.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
2/21/21 3:53 p.m.

They got me to watch again but the stage thing really destroys the flow of the event. Racing is good though.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/21/21 3:58 p.m.

NASCAR on a road course is basically the only big-time racing where you can actually see them sliding the cars around. I love it.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/21/21 4:30 p.m.

I’m old enough to remember when stock car racing, had something to do with racing stock cars...

It’s been entertaining since then, but wrasilin’ is entertaining to some as well. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/21 4:39 p.m.

You need to check out the Eldora race. 2015 race was the best I've ever seen. 2nd place guy literally destroyed his truck trying to win. 

pirate
pirate HalfDork
2/21/21 5:10 p.m.

NASCAR started the stages to try and keep the racing competitive. As in any racing regardless of rules you haves and the have nots. Stages allow the field to be grouped up at least three times per race. Stages also prevent drivers going to the back of the field and just riding in long races especially on super speedways. With stages points are given at the end of each stage and drivers can no longer afford to giveaway points by not trying their hardest to be at the front of the field. Stages also make for some interesting strategy. 

NASCAR is making a real effort to get back to the short tracks and it's original roots. Say what you will but NASCAR is probably the most competitive of all major racing and starting 40 cars unlike F1 which starts less then 20 with maybe a half dozen which are far superior to the balance of the field. Indy cars are much the same as F1. 

Rons
Rons HalfDork
2/21/21 5:18 p.m.

One method to make the racing better might be make the races shorter, and maybe a race meeting could have two races one Sat, one Sun kind of similar to BTCC.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/21/21 5:42 p.m.

That was entertaining. At least NASCAR is willing to try different things. I was a big fan back in the 80s and 90s but then the show started to get stale.  

Something I have noticed is that ever since France JR stepped down NASCAR has been making incremental changes that are both making the racing good and varying the format week to week to keep that interesting as well. 

The attitude that we know better than the fans seems to be fading. I am actually excited for the future of NASCAR for the first time in a really long time.  

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/21/21 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

at least they are turning left and right,,, just going left.. was boring

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
2/21/21 5:45 p.m.
03Panther said:

I’m old enough to remember when stock car racing, had something to do with racing stock cars...

I'm only 56, so I don't remember racing on the beach.

New York Nick
New York Nick Reader
2/21/21 5:47 p.m.

+1 for shorter races. F1 showed me that. 2 hours and done. I've got E36 M3 to do and I don't need a 4 hour race to see who is fast and who isn't. 2 hours is plenty. 
the racing has been better lately. I could also do without stages. I would go for a couple of heat races to set the field though. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/21/21 6:03 p.m.

In reply to New York Nick :

500 mile races made sense when they were STOCK (nudge nudge wink wink) cars and it was an endurance test as much as a speed test.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/21/21 6:28 p.m.

Interesting that the brakes seemed to be barely up to the task of today's race. They keep this up and I can see technology being pushed forward. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/21/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

I’m not old enough to have been lucky enough to attend one, but that was cool stuff!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HcI0d6Fvw1haEEShjfVz5bz6gbpJgokKAKzao3N4fCnKIpbOnvIy3FeL5VxIFEYF