echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
3/23/16 6:50 p.m.

well I got my challenge Tercel running on megasquirt, actually proud of myself it started up the first time. If I just tap the thottle(like 2% TPS) the engine dies, I have to kinda mash on it for it not to die. nothing I do in tunerstudio helps Its the stock engine running ITBs from a motorcycle using Alpha-N on megasquirt II, other than that it runs well but could use some more fine tuning.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
3/23/16 7:11 p.m.

I assume you've mucked with VE bins just off idle?

Your spark table uses earthly data?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
3/23/16 7:30 p.m.

I started with a tune that was giving to me for a completely stock tercel, I did mess with the VE table but I haven't touched the the ignition table. my car idles at 950rpm

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/23/16 7:38 p.m.

Try fattening it up in that 900-1300 bin between 5 and 50% TPS. Here's my VE table (or one of them) for a 20 valve with ITB's:

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
3/23/16 8:39 p.m.

These are my tables from 2010 (4AGE, ITB's), running pure Alpha-N.

Click to biggie-size it

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
3/23/16 8:43 p.m.

I've also had some issues where the ITB cable is on the opposite end of the TPS, inducing a bit of a delay in what happens with what is measured.

wae
wae Dork
3/23/16 8:49 p.m.

Check accel enrichment?

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
3/23/16 8:54 p.m.

Make sure your load axis (tps) has bins in appropriate places just off idle to about 2/3 throttle then they can space out a bit. Check accel.

Dont do much until its warm, tune there and then work on the rest.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
3/24/16 7:23 a.m.

Second what Paul says. Wait until it's warmed up to do your initial tuning and check the acceleration enrichment. I can give you more info if you attach an MSQ and data log (Dropbox works well for that - none of the pop ups that you get on other sites).

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
3/24/16 9:58 a.m.

Take a close look at accel enrichment - if it's kicking in at too low of a rate threshold, it will dump a lot of fuel and cause a bog/stall. The default settings were this way for both installations I've done.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
3/24/16 10:31 a.m.

This site really helped me quite a bit when I was working on the ITB's for my Porsche 924:

http://www.77e21.info/mstuning.htm

Also SkinnyG's site helps a bit as well:

http://www.gwellwood.com/project-cars/the-lethal-locost/lethal-megasquirt/

There was another site that helped quite a bit, but I can't find it right now.

wclark
wclark Reader
3/24/16 12:11 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote: well I got my challenge Tercel running on megasquirt, actually proud of myself it started up the first time. If I just tap the thottle(like 2% TPS) the engine dies, I have to kinda mash on it for it not to die. nothing I do in tunerstudio helps Its the stock engine running ITBs from a motorcycle using Alpha-N on megasquirt II, other than that it runs well but could use some more fine tuning.

What is happening to AFR/Lambda at that initial throttle opening point?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
3/24/16 3:40 p.m.

thanks for the help, I'm at work now when I get home I'll mess with it some more and report back

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
3/24/16 6:09 p.m.

ok so I fixed the problem, What I did was start the fuel load scale(VE table) at 0 and the rpm scale at 900.

Megasquirt rocks should have done this a lot sooner, thanks for the help I'm sure I'll have additional questions as I continue tuning the car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k5v1mTgoQhssTtVqiw4kZ2yaFV919bQtB0MWG8c4EOaX47ajLoxaCtmWLM8fdN4a