JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
9/24/13 9:41 a.m.

"mid engine turbo Dodge creation "

sounds interesting!!

turboswede
turboswede PowerDork
9/24/13 11:43 a.m.

That is awesome Johnny! I can't wait to see it in person! I'll have to make a trip down to Eugene to run with the Emerald Empire group :)

Now you just need to find your AC ME3000 Shelby and your collection will be complete!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
9/24/13 1:30 p.m.

I dont need to find it, I know where it is and have been there. Just dont have that much money.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
9/24/13 1:31 p.m.

You going to be there this coming weekend?

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
12/26/13 8:25 p.m.

Still not sure about where this car should be classed.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
12/26/13 8:25 p.m.

(Consulier GTP)

chrispy
chrispy Reader
12/27/13 7:51 a.m.

SCCA Solo rules put it in XP. The Rossions, Nobels, and Moslers are in XP for example. Since Consulier didn't make engines (and wasn't a part of Chrysler), you get bumped out of SSM (engine must match "family" of original equipment). You could write to the SEB and see if they would allow it to be classed in EM as a kit car (due to low production numbers). On the other hand, if there isn't a lot of competition in XP locally, you could talk to the folks running in SSM and see if they'd object to you competing with them. My club would put you in XP, or our catch-all "run what you brung class." Its a great story though .

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
12/27/13 8:18 a.m.

Too cool. Or, maybe more period correct lingo, "totally rad dude."
I opened this thread expecting it to be, "where should me '89 Corolla be classed now that I have 17" rims, aftermarket seat and replaced steering wheel...type question. Imagine my joy to find a Consulier.

This seems like a Classic Motorsport article for "future collectables".

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/27/13 8:25 a.m.

In reply to chrispy:

I agree. XP seems to be wear the Cobra kits end up as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/27/13 9:06 a.m.

Fantastic story, fantastic car, please reconsider painting it, try restoring the original paint, that car is a time machine now, they are only original once.

My .02c

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
12/27/13 11:03 p.m.

I would try to restore the original paint, but the factory already did start the prep to repaint it, a little body filler and primer kind of messed it up.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
2/23/14 12:31 p.m.

I don't see why SSM is not a choice as my class.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
2/23/14 12:32 p.m.
you get bumped out of SSM (engine must match "family" of original equipment).

The 2.2 was the original equipment.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
2/23/14 12:34 p.m.
turboswede PowerDork said: That is awesome Johnny! I can't wait to see it in person! I'll have to make a trip down to Eugene to run with the Emerald Empire group :)

I will, but not till After the first of April. I am getting the rear Bilstein shocks rebuilt and won't be back by the IceBreaker event.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
2/23/14 12:41 p.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: I don't see why SSM is not a choice as my class.

Section 16.C.2.c: Excluded Vehicles: two-seat cars not eligible for the Street Prepared category.

Section 15: Cars running in Street Prepared Category must have been series produced with normal road touring equipment, capable of being licensed for normal road use in the United States, and normally sold and delivered through the manufacturer's retail sales outlets in the United States. Cars not specifically listed in Stock or Street Prepared Category classes in Appendix A must have been produced in quantities of at least 1000 in a 12 month period to be eligible for Street Prepared Category.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
2/23/14 2:39 p.m.

Street Prepared Category…I know! But SSM is not street prepared.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
2/24/14 7:24 a.m.

In reply to JohnnyBquick:

Ok... Cliff notes version:

The car isn't eligible for SSM because it's not eligible for Street Prepared.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
2/24/14 9:15 a.m.

Since Consulier didn't make engines (and wasn't a part of Chrysler), you get bumped out of SSM (engine must match "family" of original equipment).... Consulier didn't make engines, they used a "Chrysler" power plant, and Consulier wasn't part of "Chrysler". The "family" refers to manufacturer. (SSM allows any GM engine in any GM car, any Honda/Acura engine in any Honda/Acura car, any Ford Engine in any Ford/Lincoln car, any Mopar engine in any Mopar car, etc) Based on the rules, its classed as a kit car (XP). Your local region may let you compete in SSM though - ask them.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
2/28/14 9:46 a.m.

Okay, I understand about the SSM class now. Thanks!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
3/1/14 2:39 p.m.

XP looks like it has some pretty mean cars in it's class.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
3/1/14 2:52 p.m.

I remember those ads and always wondered if anyone bought them. Great story!

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
3/1/14 7:03 p.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: XP looks like it has some pretty mean cars in it's class.

Yep. Mostly full-on race cars, although at the local level Cobra replicas are fairly common.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick New Reader
8/15/14 7:14 p.m.

Just was told "SSP" is my class. Sports car over 2.0L not otherwise classified.

Will
Will SuperDork
8/15/14 7:24 p.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: Just was told "SSP" is my class. Sports car over 2.0L not otherwise classified.

Reiterating what was said earlier, your car is not SSP or SM eligible. This is on p.89 of the 2014 rulebook:

"Cars not specifically listed in Street, Street Touring, or Street Prepared Category classes in Appendix A must have been produced in quantities of at least 1000 in a 12 month period to be eligible for Street Prepared Category."

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gPIHIrC3r2RczSn4gnohz5laGAuuaSVPhWZhmQVhPaPfukstZBRXkd3pFTDpNqlE