edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/19/18 11:20 a.m.

Like the title says, I am needing a Taurus electric fan connector. I went to 3 different junkyards that are close to me and no luck. I made a ISO post in the classifieds but figured i could get more traffic here. So if anyone has one laying around or is making a trip to their local junkyards and doesnt mind looking around for me i'm more then happy to cover the cost of the connector, shipping, and anything you want for your time.

93-95 taurus, sable, and continental all used this connector. Would like to have around 6" of pigtail on it if possible.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/19/18 11:34 a.m.

Looks like you could get away with three spade connectors if you can't find one. Did you try NAPA/Dorman?

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
2/19/18 12:37 p.m.

When I search the part on another site it comes up that this was only fitted on 3.8L Essex powered '93-'95 Sable, and '93-'94 Continental. Considering most of those are long dead that likely is the reason for your difficulty. It appears that fan was only equipped to push air to the transmission cooler found on those specific cars.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/19/18 1:00 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Looks like you could get away with three spade connectors if you can't find one. Did you try NAPA/Dorman?

yea i could do that until i find the connector, i'd just like to have a weather tight factory seal. I did a fair bit of looking around and I cant seem to find it anywhere, Ford doesnt make them anymore and people are just left scrounging around junkyards. There is a lot of info about them as they are a very popular e-fan for the hot rod and off road guys but it seems like there availability has gone with the times

sergio
sergio Reader
2/19/18 1:37 p.m.

I have one of those fans at home in the attic. I’ll check and see if I was smart enough to get both sides of the connector. Be home in about 6 hours 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/19/18 2:56 p.m.
edizzle89 said:
Keith Tanner said:

yea i could do that until i find the connector, i'd just like to have a weather tight factory seal. I did a fair bit of looking around and I cant seem to find it anywhere, Ford doesnt make them anymore and people are just left scrounging around junkyards. There is a lot of info about them as they are a very popular e-fan for the hot rod and off road guys but it seems like there availability has gone with the times

Looking at pictures, it looks like Ford put that connector on the end of a pigtail at the fan end as well. In which case you can chop off that connector and splice on something like a Weatherpak.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/19/18 3:02 p.m.

OK, I have about 50 Taurii at my local yard, what model/trim should I look for and where is this thingy?  It connects and electric radiator fan correct?  I can go take a look because, well what else am I going to do? 

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/19/18 3:18 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

OK, I have about 50 Taurii at my local yard, what model/trim should I look for and where is this thingy?  It connects and electric radiator fan correct?  I can go take a look because, well what else am I going to do? 

should be any 93-95 taurus, sable, or continental electric fan. Should be right up front toward the top of the fan, i'm just needing the chassis side of the connector.

You can see here how the fan will look. I need the mating connector to what's pictured here.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/28/18 12:20 p.m.

i know a few people said they were checking to see if they could find/had one laying around. just wanted to check back in, anyone have any luck?

whiskey_business
whiskey_business Reader
2/28/18 12:29 p.m.

Cut it and splice one of these johnnies in. Weather Pack Female Housing

Weatherproof, .94 cents a connector, and readily available from Amazon/eBay/Mouser etc. 

sergio
sergio Reader
2/28/18 9:48 p.m.

Sorry all I have is a 2 wire connector. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
13rGj79aBhdQJSdp4vY54TDNqxFiMDmq7no1HEcrK3Lk5RWNTfuByKy5WUQ0XquD