Wowak
Wowak Dork
12/15/08 4:01 p.m.

Hey, you guys remember Kara and her blue Miata from the GRM Student Drivers article? Well Juliette (thats the name of the Miata) broke a rear spring (actually I suspect the tech who installed her new shocks overcompressed and damaged the left rear spring.) I was hoping somebody in FL might have a set of OEM rear springs (or maybe even just one) at a reasonable price. (I'm now kicking myself for GIVING AWAY a set of OEM springs earlier this year.) Since I live in Nashville now and spend most of my time on a tourbus, I'm not really able to deal with this for her. Shes in the Cocoa Beach/Merritt Island/Rockledge area but might be able to get someone to pick them up in the greater central FL area. Send me a PM or email me at mrwowak at yahoo dot com if you can help. Thanks in advance!

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous New Reader
12/15/08 4:57 p.m.

I'll be changing the stock springs out of my '97 shortly. How quickly do you need them?

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
12/16/08 2:28 a.m.

I know I still have the suspension kit box that the Spec Miata suspension came in. It might still have the stock springs sitting in it, I'll have to check.

I'll be going up to Tampa on Wed. afternoon as well.

bluej
bluej HalfDork
12/16/08 6:33 a.m.

i have some she can have but i'm down in Naples and have no time to transport them myself. if nothing else has worked out, she can have them for the cost of shipping. just email me if you want em.

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
1/1/09 9:19 p.m.

You ever find what you needed?

Wowak
Wowak Dork
1/1/09 11:07 p.m.

Uh supposedly she was going to contact bluej, but she hasn't told me if shes done so.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
1/5/09 12:29 a.m.

Kara said she left bluej a voicemail about a week ago but hasn't heard anything, dunno if hes busy or travelling for the holidays, I'm just trying to get her a new spring (or pair of springs) as quickly as possible so she doesn't ruin a new shock. If anyone definitely has a rear NA spring (or a set) ready to go, email me: mrwowak at yahoo dot com.

bluej
bluej HalfDork
1/7/09 7:29 a.m.

crap! i just remembered this! soooo sorry! between holidays, birthday, moving and a new job i've been kinda busy. makes a note for this

Wowak
Wowak Dork
1/10/09 4:48 a.m.

Thanks man. I used to take care of her Miata for her, but now I'm out on the road and literally phoning it in. Her roommate sells toyotas but doesn't know a catalytic converter from a carburator, although she does get labor at a discount.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
2/21/09 5:31 a.m.

Uh, I still need a rear spring for Kara's car. Her idiot roommate doesn't really believe me that the spring is cracked, he insists that needing to set the KYB AGX to 5 to keep the rear from bottoming out is normal. When I told him flat out that 2 is the same as stock, and that I routinely run my IDENTICAL Miata on 2 without it bottoming out, it went in one ear and out the other. I just hope his idiot friend who did the install is planning on buying her a new shock when this one fails prematurely.

Oh and Kara will be driving the car to Texas in May for Miataworld II so the clock is really ticking to get this taken care of.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i8U3NMsMZ3DmIqPtzZfagqqBJViPx97MfltZfqDnPIi2q2nJJkH2f1oVKvQVmVME