3 4 5 6 7
Harvey
Harvey HalfDork
1/13/15 12:11 p.m.

I wonder how much they will charge for the Focus RS.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/13/15 12:24 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
yamaha wrote: .....but I am skeptical of the crackpipe rumors being spread by Evo owners......
What rumors are they? I haven't heard.

300+ hp, awd, $35k ish, basically a replacement boost buggy for yuppies.

I'd not be surprised at 300hp, I would be surprised if it were awd. I'd also be surprised at a sub $40k price tag if it were awd.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
1/13/15 12:38 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: I love the carbon wheels on the R. They seem to be the next logical step when it concerns re-inventing the wheel.

Aftermarket carbon fiber wheels for performance cars run several thousand dollars each - and that's at the low end. Unless there's a whole new manufacturing technology in producing these wheels, I don't know how Ford can put them on a Mustang for a price consumers will be willing to pay.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/13/15 2:20 p.m.

I remember hearing a figure of $52,000 being kicked around, but I don't remember if that was for the GT350 or GT350R. Seems like a screaming deal for the R, which makes me thing it was for the other one...

So....what will the GT500 be like.....?

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/13/15 2:26 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde:

That was the GT350. In fact most sources are saying $55k base for the GT350, and the need to add on some packages to have the ultimate GT350 that will raise that price considerably. I haven't heard any pricing on the R yet, but I'm expecting it to be a lot higher than the GT350. It doesn't matter much anyway, as both are likely to be selling at way over sticker.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
1/13/15 3:51 p.m.

Base price for the 'regular' GT350 is going to be $52,995. With carbon wheels and brakes I'm going to bet the 'R' is going to be seriously more expensive. Not that it will matter, I bet for the first year most 'base' 350's will be heading out the showroom for high 60's with dealer markup.

Which brings up the 'old' S197 GT500's. They are holding their value stupidly well. Early 07 cars are still in the high $20's pushing $30k which for a car that stickered at $47K is an amazing lack of deprectiation. The later alloy block cars seem to start close to $40k. I really hope the GT350 pushes down the value of the S197 cars.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/8/15 7:15 p.m.
yupididit
yupididit HalfDork
8/8/15 8:55 p.m.

Good lawd

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
8/8/15 11:31 p.m.

Sounds angry!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/8/15 11:34 p.m.

Sounds very angry

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
8/8/15 11:57 p.m.

It looks angry. It looks violent. It looks like many of them will end up wrapped around a tree, the stig's super ninja reflexes were working overtime on that run.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/9/15 2:51 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

He said at the beginning he was just having fun.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
8/9/15 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

When he left the line headed up to first corner was insane. If he actually was ahead of that and not just reacting then he has more car control skills than I ever will. I've left a line like that but was always chasing it.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
8/9/15 1:16 p.m.

Ford is doing some amazing things these days!

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
8/9/15 1:19 p.m.

8,250 rpm rev limit?!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/9/15 3:08 p.m.

mother of god photo: Mother of God icon_mother_of_god.jpg

secretariata
secretariata HalfDork
8/9/15 5:53 p.m.

The sound alone is enough to make me lust for one...

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/9/15 7:07 p.m.

Sounds awesome.

Too bad it's a Mustang.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/10/15 12:11 a.m.

We got invited to drive it at Laguna Seca in two weeks. JG drew short straw for this assignment.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/10/15 6:05 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: We got invited to drive it at Laguna Seca in two weeks. JG drew short straw for this assignment.

Poor JG!!!

JG you better take video with good audio!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/10/15 6:06 a.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to Flight Service: When he left the line headed up to first corner was insane. If he actually was ahead of that and not just reacting then he has more car control skills than I ever will. I've left a line like that but was always chasing it.

He was the Stig....

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
8/10/15 7:03 a.m.

I'm Not saying that I could be the stig, but I could be the stig...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/10/15 7:13 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to Flight Service: When he left the line headed up to first corner was insane. If he actually was ahead of that and not just reacting then he has more car control skills than I ever will. I've left a line like that but was always chasing it.

You said you couldn't be the Stig there Not-Stig.

Some say he rides a Harley and posts on message boards conflicting ideas and that he also claims that he could be the STIG.

All we know is he is Not the Stig!!!

Not-Stig
Not-Stig PowerDork
8/10/15 11:26 a.m.

Yep, guess I earned that one.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/15 11:34 a.m.

Some say that only he truly knows what a hatchback is,

And that he will disagree with you even if he agrees with you...

All we know is HE'S NOT THE STIG!

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mzVJjCgEBqi9xMtOfHFwQMWMmLYj2fctZMhxkegbhO60AAMbJ3F19irHnVrvKBMu